Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas for cleanest looking license plate mounting brackets and location for the small motorcycle style plates used in AZ etc. Not 100% sure if light is required for Glamis dunes or not but prefer them as will also use some on forest roads, etc. Pics please. Thanks !!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I just took a regular sized plate and trimmed it around the motorcycle plate and mounted it in the stock location. You can't beat free and the taillights do a good job of lighting it up

·
Registered
104 Posts
So psychos can't look up any personal info. That's a easy way to get your nice ride stolen
So you drive around in your car with your plate blurred out?
No, but my car license plate isn't on the internet 24/7 for someone to look up. If I wanted to steal a RZR, and wanted to get a good location where one would be, I could troll the sites until I saw one that was local. If I had a plate number I could look up the address and start casing the location. I'll admit its a little more work than most thieves want to do, but why put needless info out there?

Action

·
Registered
93 Posts
So psychos can't look up any personal info. That's a easy way to get your nice ride stolen
No, but my car license plate isn't on the internet 24/7 for someone to look up. If I wanted to steal a RZR, and wanted to get a good location where one would be, I could troll the sites until I saw one that was local. If I had a plate number I could look up the address and start casing the location. I'll admit its a little more work than most thieves want to do, but why put needless info out there?

Action
Pretty sure all plate numbers are ran through your state DMV. Car numbers are protected just the same as ATV, MC, Truck, Farm, RV and anything else.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Action
Pretty sure all plate numbers are ran through your state DMV. Car numbers are protected just the same as ATV, MC, Truck, Farm, RV and anything else.
Sure they are, and everyone knows that no one would ever get access to the DMV data base for the wrong reasons. One of my kids is a computer science major, you would not believe how easy it is to get into most data bases. Or for a small fee there are numerous websites that will do a reverse look up. Google it and see. The way I look at it (and a lot of other people) is that its just one more piece of information floating around out there that is doesn't need to be there.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pic Paul ... now that I see a real pic of it it doesnt stand out as much as I thought it might and will probably go with that ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts