Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 900 Trail Premium
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded from OEM tires to Kenda Bearclaw HTRs and with that comes their self cleaning awesomeness which means chunks-o-mud flying everywhere and the RZR being wrapped up in it. After reading a lot of info on this forum I decided to go with a set of Mudbusters +1 inch over the standard trail size. I didn’t want to go too wide since my trailer is 60 inch width. What an amazing difference they made !! Money well spent keeping the car cleaner than it would be without them and mud out of the interior. Easy enough to install and they feel pretty secure. Time will tell on how they perform. I appreciate they shipped extra mounting hardware and plastic rivets. I think they enhance the look too but the real value is in their function.

·
Registered
'18 XPT
2,455 Posts
Let me save you some hassle now. Goto Napa and buy some more of the plastic rivets. If you run in trees, as i do, you'll break several each outing. Is what it is.

Napa:

665-2389 7 pc $5
665-3399 25 pc $12

They seem to never be able to get the 25 pack though...

Reactions: RZRdavid and Kimo7

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently upgraded from OEM tires to Kenda Bearclaw HTRs and with that comes their self cleaning awesomeness which means chunks-o-mud flying everywhere and the RZR being wrapped up in it. After reading a lot of info on this forum I decided to go with a set of Mudbusters +1 inch over the standard trail size. I didn’t want to go too wide since my trailer is 60 inch width. What an amazing difference they made !! Money well spent keeping the car cleaner than it would be without them and mud out of the interior. Easy enough to install and they feel pretty secure. Time will tell on how they perform. I appreciate they shipped extra mounting hardware and plastic rivets. I think they enhance the look too but the real value is in their function.

View attachment 662913
Just bought the same RZR.. I’ll be upgrading tires soon. What size did you go with?

·
Registered
2020 900 Trail Premium
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just bought the same RZR.. I’ll be upgrading tires soon. What size did you go with?
I only went one size up on the tires to 27 inch to make sure I didn’t go too aggressive. I kept the 12 inch OEM rims to keep the cost down, I’ve already put a bunch of money into it with other options and accessories. I went with 27x9x12 front and 27x11x12 in the rear. No rubbing, no issues. The tires added 1 inch of height which I wanted additional for clearance but they also added 1 inch of width when inflated to the manufacturers recommended setting of 7 psi. Being a little over 50 wide isn’t a problem for me, my only real width restriction is that I can still get it on my 60 inch wide trailer. Call Shane at Traxx Motorsports and see what kind of deal he can work for you. I’ve had good luck dealing with him in the past hopefully he will take care of you.

·
Registered
2020 900 Trail Premium
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me save you some hassle now. Goto Napa and buy some more of the plastic rivets. If you run in trees, as i do, you'll break several each outing. Is what it is.

Napa:

665-2389 7 pc $5
665-3399 25 pc $12

Thanks for the advice and part numbers. I’m also good at running into stuff so I’m sure I’ll need some!! I ride a lot in the woods and will make my own trails through brush and thickets. Hopefully you’ve had a positive experience with your Mudbusters, minus the rivets ?

·
Registered
'18 XPT
2,455 Posts
Oh yes. Love them. A must have for water and mud both. Sticks too. I'm noticably wider though, and sometimes there's a bill to be paid...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I only went one size up on the tires to 27 inch to make sure I didn’t go too aggressive. I kept the 12 inch OEM rims to keep the cost down, I’ve already put a bunch of money into it with other options and accessories. I went with 27x9x12 front and 27x11x12 in the rear. No rubbing, no issues. The tires added 1 inch of height which I wanted additional for clearance but they also added 1 inch of width when inflated to the manufacturers recommended setting of 7 psi. Being a little over 50 wide isn’t a problem for me, my only real width restriction is that I can still get it on my 60 inch wide trailer. Call Shane at Traxx Motorsports and see what kind of deal he can work for you. I’ve had good luck dealing with him in the past hopefully he will take care of you.
THANKS! New to side by side so really looking forward to it. The last video I have is of my son crying when we sold his ATV because it was too small...This should bring a smile on our faces for sure!

·
Registered
10 Posts

Napa:

665-2389 7 pc $5
665-3399 25 pc $12

Thanks for the tip...I'm sure I will be right there with you

·
Registered
10 Posts

View attachment 662913
SO can you give me some details of your roof and light bar? Plus bumper and windshield? Plus looks like lower doors...We're in Texas and we're told that half windshield and aluminum roof were the best options from the dealer. I like the look of the full window and the lines of the plastic roof over flat metal.

·
Registered
2020 900 Trail Premium
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Be happy to provide details. My objective is to keep as much mud, cow poop and dust out of the cabin. I hunt a lot and have rifles with optics on them I bought the roof, bumper, winch, windshield front and back , when I bought it from the dealer. All of those are factory Polaris except for the winch which is a Warn 3500. Polaris didn’t have everything available at time of purchase and the winch was going to be late November or December. I‘ve had Warn’s in the past with no issues and the dealer had it in stock. I decided to get the extras through the dealer because of the interest rate and Polaris was offering a discount on them. I also prefer the look of the plastic roof over the aluminum. They had the aluminum one in stock but I held out for a week or so until the plastic one came in. I originally wanted a different windshield, non-vented, but they discontinued it. I live in Northern VA where it gets fairly cold in the winter. I had a half windshield before on a 2010 Teryx and froze my face off on early morning rides to the tree stand. The full windshield seemed like the way to go this time.

The lower doors are Tusk from Rocky Mountain ATV. Easy install and definitely worth the money. They also help keep the mud and cow poop out of the interior. The light bar and cubes are from Open Trail. They are super strong and crazy bright beyond belief. I got the cubes from the dealer but bought and installed the 31.5 inch front light bar myself. I got the best price on it from Walmart and it came with a wiring harness which makes it an easy install. I changed out the power switch to a square one that fits the dashboard. The mount is a seizmik that bolts to the existing roll cage roof mount locations. I wanted it to sit below the roof line since I go through the woods with overhanging branches. I also didn’t want to drill holes into the new roof. It sits above my line of sight and doesn’t obscure my vision.

One thing I would strongly recommend is a protection kit for the gas tank and factory wiring harness where it enters into the battery. It seems like a real shortcoming to me that Polaris didn’t do a better job engineering innate protection from the factory. I do a lot of riding through corn fields that after they’re cut leaves a dried stalk 8 - 12 inches tall and sharp that remain until it’s bush hogged that can do a lot of puncture damage to pretty much whatever they come in contact with. There are several manufacturers, I went with Thunderhawk. They installed super easy and I have a little more peace of mind zipping through the corn fields.

Good luck with the transformation. It’s addictive and you can sink a lot of money in a hurry. The upside is that it isn’t hard to work on this vehicle and can you can personalize it to your taste...dependent on budget.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Be happy to provide details. My objective is to keep as much mud, cow poop and dust out of the cabin. I hunt a lot and have rifles with optics on them I bought the roof, bumper, winch, windshield front and back , when I bought it from the dealer. All of those are factory Polaris except for the winch which is a Warn 3500. Polaris didn’t have everything available at time of purchase and the winch was going to be late November or December. I‘ve had Warn’s in the past with no issues and the dealer had it in stock. I decided to get the extras through the dealer because of the interest rate and Polaris was offering a discount on them. I also prefer the look of the plastic roof over the aluminum. They had the aluminum one in stock but I held out for a week or so until the plastic one came in. I originally wanted a different windshield, non-vented, but they discontinued it. I live in Northern VA where it gets fairly cold in the winter. I had a half windshield before on a 2010 Teryx and froze my face off on early morning rides to the tree stand. The full windshield seemed like the way to go this time.

The lower doors are Tusk from Rocky Mountain ATV. Easy install and definitely worth the money. They also help keep the mud and cow poop out of the interior. The light bar and cubes are from Open Trail. They are super strong and crazy bright beyond belief. I got the cubes from the dealer but bought and installed the 31.5 inch front light bar myself. I got the best price on it from Walmart and it came with a wiring harness which makes it an easy install. I changed out the power switch to a square one that fits the dashboard. The mount is a seizmik that bolts to the existing roll cage roof mount locations. I wanted it to sit below the roof line since I go through the woods with overhanging branches. I also didn’t want to drill holes into the new roof. It sits above my line of sight and doesn’t obscure my vision.

One thing I would strongly recommend is a protection kit for the gas tank and factory wiring harness where it enters into the battery. It seems like a real shortcoming to me that Polaris didn’t do a better job engineering innate protection from the factory. I do a lot of riding through corn fields that after they’re cut leaves a dried stalk 8 - 12 inches tall and sharp that remain until it’s bush hogged that can do a lot of puncture damage to pretty much whatever they come in contact with. There are several manufacturers, I went with Thunderhawk. They installed super easy and I have a little more peace of mind zipping through the corn fields.

Good luck with the transformation. It’s addictive and you can sink a lot of money in a hurry. The upside is that it isn’t hard to work on this vehicle and can you can personalize it to your taste...dependent on budget.
Thanks for all of the information. We ordered harnesses and a windshield plus a full cover as an early Christmas gift. I'm researching undercarriage protection now...I agree, the $$$ can add up quick. I'm trying to learn from others and not repeat their mistakes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for this post. I am running the SuperATV 6+ lift with 3 inch extended swing arms increasing my width by 6 inches. Curious, how well the mud busters are holding on to everyone's machines?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
2020 900 Trail Premium
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for this post. I am running the SuperATV 6+ lift with 3 inch extended swing arms increasing my width by 6 inches. Curious, how well the mud busters are holding on to everyone's machines?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
Mine are still doing well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts