Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Should I remove the seat belt mounts from B pillar?

1011 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  RedFender74
Hello all,
I just purchased this 2014 Rzr 4 800. I had some issues with the stock seat belts so I installed Aces seats with pass through and 4 point harnesses. My question. Now that I have harnesses, is there any reason to keep the stock shoulder belt mount on the B pillar? Seems like a great place to smash my head into in a bad rollover or at least ruin helmets if things get too bumpy.
I was thinking of just cutting them off with angle grinder and sanding them smooth. What are the pros and cons?
Thanks,

Dan
See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
carefully cut them off and smooth welds. DO NOT cut into the cage tube or you will make a weak spot.
  • Helpful
Reactions: 3
Pro - looks better, and wont bash your head on them...
Con - Can you match the paint?
Reactions: 1
Pro - looks better, and wont bash your head on them...
Con - Can you match the paint?
You can with one of these -
Depending on how handy you are, some folks would cut that section out as part of a cage chop. The back end of the Rzr 4 800 sits pretty high. RZR 4 cage chop

Rustoleum 7224 Sail Blue is a color match

Reactions: 2
If that is a stock "cage", You have more to worry about in a "Bad Rollover" . Consider a REAL cage to enhance the belts you upgraded to.
I cut mine off for the same reason, the wife was scared of ringing her head off it, I was too. We wear helmets in the car, but we haven’t looked back since we did it! We just used rattle can to cover the bare steel. RAL 5015 matches pretty darn close and I’ll be using that color code to touch up on the cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See less See more
Reactions: 2
Thanks everyone for the replies. I already have some matching paint and plan on getting rid of the mounts and possibly later chopping the cage.
Thanks for the info!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts