Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted what you guys think about going from stock wheels to 14" on the rzr 4 would that be a good idea ? i mostly drive hard pack and street

·
Registered
385 Posts
I didn't like the 14's I had om mine. I ended up changing them back to 12's after about 6 months.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
14's def look cooler but I have heard of alot of guys complain about the ride. More people seem to switch from 14 to 12.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I run the stockers for the hard pack, but I have ITP 14" wheels for when I run the mud sitten on 30" Gorilla Silverbacks. The bigger the tire the bigger the wheel, that would be the only reason to go up to a 14" IMO. When you go up to a 30" tire or larger then the 14" wheel is a necessity b/c it helps to cut down on the wt of the tire/wheel combo.

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
If you cruise the BLVD then go 14" if you an Off-Roader go with the bigger side wall and go with the 12"! More flotation, better ride, and better cross section on the trail!

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
I have 14's and I like em.They dont roll over in the corners as much so it slides better.I'm sure 12's will give you a cushier ride becuase you have another inch of suspention by running a 12.

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
Depends if your a drifter or a trail rider? Some of the turns I ride sliding into them is not such a good idea;) Goes back to what I said, Blvd or Trail?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Its amazing how Yalls riding style and reasoning about the 14" wheels are totally different from the way we ride down here. Just goes to show the difference in topography, mud(down here, hence my reasoning for the 14) vs drifting(whats that) I seen that on the speed channel once.

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
Depends if your a drifter or a trail rider? Some of the turns I ride sliding into them is not such a good idea;) Goes back to what I said, Blvd or Trail?
I'm going to have to hook up with you on one of your trail rides and show you what I can do with 14's.:ride: seriously though I have always wanted to go down there.I will make it someday.I always look at your pics and everyone is always having a blast.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Wow I really didnt think that much diffrence in the 12 and 14. i had 14 with 20 mud lights on ranger crew and it rode great. i guess it is a big diffrence in the crew and RZR 4 though in ride.

·
Registered
304 Posts
FJK, again there's the difference in what part of the country the original poster is from. 14s around here are for the heavier beefer, more aggressive 1.75"-2.5" lug mud slinging tires. If you want anything in a 30" or larger you have to go to a 14" wheel. Not trying to argue, just stating the facts.

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
I have riden with a few that have had to drive back to camp with blown out tires.All of them had 12's.I havent had a problem yet,I guess i'm lucky.You know what they say "sometime its better to be lucky then good" :)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Cool Yall just saved me some money from geting 14 next month thanks keeping what i got. no reason to change from stock which looks good to another 12.the 14 would be a reason but not now thanks again.

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
In a thirty inch tire you gain back the sidewall and have a ratio close to the same as with a 27x12. It's all good, whatever works for you? I have a tractor with farm tires and one with a general contractors type, it rides better that the farm, but the farm lug and smaller sidewall does better in mud! Although I can get them both stuck;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts