Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 XP 1000 EPS.
I have noticed as much as a $20 difference in price on brake pads.
Only looking for OEM pads.
My question is, what do the letters ASM mean in the listing?
Below is the listing and they claim to be genuine Polaris parts.

POLARIS - K-ASM, PAD, BRAKE, DB, 1.375

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have always bought OEM pads for my RZRs and usually get them at Rocky Mountain ATV. Remember that the brake pads are sold per wheel not per set F/R like on a car. The pads I got for my '18 1K XP was $45 a corner IIRC.

I even asked the sales person at RMATV if it was per wheel or per pair.
uh let me check. oh that's per pair.
cool. i'll take two. Get boxes in mail. two boxes, with two pads in each box. enough for one wheel. So i could do both front or both rear.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the same machine and have for years,, and ran many MANY of my own brake pad “test” from the more expensive (EBC) to the fine China cheap ones (eBay) and I well nothing beats the OEM by a pretty good margin. That’s with my riding (rip kinda hard lots too f sand mud and water) and my experience, my friends all give me a hard time and they are all convinced they do better changing the cheap pads more often in the long run. I totally disagree.. I also stop way better than all them too..

These rzrs actually have some amazing brakes and when using OEM will stop on a dime and nearly throw your ass through the windshield hole.. They last 4 to 5 muddy rides longer than any other.

I purchase mine at my local Polaris dealer (very small town Mcduffies Marine here in Lake City Florida, still family owned and operated) and I pay 50$ per wheel. Yes they are only sold in single wheel fashion from Polaris. Very quality pads, I like to shop local also. We have a great parts guy up there too (shout out to Joey) I say check your local dealer or bike shop see what they have.

NOTE: Be sure to check inspect and replace the pin slide boots as needed per caliper also, I keep them on hand I always need to replace them a lot too,, these are super cheap from Polaris but very important and each wheel takes the same pair of rubber slides.

FIND THAT 35$ A PAIR PRICE LET ME KNOW 🤭

·
craigstumph
2019 ultra low geared Turbo S 4
14,903 Posts
I just received a set of ceramic brake pads test. These are a new product that claims to be better than the current batch of sintered pads available from everyone. These pads look like the same material used in the better grade automotive applications. I am putting them on this weekend to test.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks man for the follow up and for sharing!! Hella good deal in my opinion,, my next sets are coming from this place! Great find man these will do better than any other pad.

Recently Partzilla has been pissing me off, 10$ bucks for shipping any clamp or gasket you might need for any bike or rig, then they ship it 7 day parcel select shit better come priority mail for those prices!

Looks like I will be giving ADEPT POWER SPORTS a try!! The the follow up is again very much appreciated so many folks don’t, keep rocking and sharing those good deals. Hope the pads last for a long ass time for you. 😎

·
7,357 Posts
A couple years ago we got into the design process with another company and came up with some good sintered copper pads. They've been great, and pretty affordable. About $50 - $60 for a pair depending on the pads you need.
Here's a link: https://www.superatv.com/polaris-rzr-brake-pads?sku=BP-P-014

Up until about 2016 we sourced out some crap ones. Lol! Thank goodness those are long gone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts