Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does my new to me machine still have the stock shocks on it? Has Fox shocks but that’s all I know. Best pics I already had on my phone below. 2012 800-4. A arms have been upgraded.
IMG_2717.jpg
IMG_2716.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im thinking about sending them to shock therapy to be worked over and re sprung. Wondering if the benefits are worth it.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
948 Posts
You bought the dual-rate spring kit from Shock Therapy?

Yes. Well they were on the rig when I got it, But it dose ride good! I may not be the wrong person to ask cuz I have no experience with the stock springs, I just don't know what the stock ones would have felt like cuz the Shock Therapy ones were on the RZR when I got the it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our rides include very large rocky slow rides that really get to my wife’s back. Our friend has a ‘17 high lifter 1000 and it’s way way smoother, though our 800 is way smoother than our jeep cj. I know the 800 will never be as smooth as a newer rig, but I want to get it closer to that if possible without spending another 10k to buy something with long travel.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Our rides include very large rocky slow rides that really get to my wife’s back. Our friend has a ‘17 high lifter 1000 and it’s way way smoother, though our 800 is way smoother than our jeep cj. I know the 800 will never be as smooth as a newer rig, but I want to get it closer to that if possible without spending another 10k to buy something with long travel.

I highly recommend Matt at desert speed shock tuning in Utah. I sent my shock therapy springs to him and had him re-valve my set up and it’s absolutely amazing. Quick turn around. Aside from that the customer service is second to none. You won’t get that with shock therapy. They actually call you after the install to check in with you and make sure you’re satisfied with the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
429 Posts
Even if you just dumped the crap polaris springs and didn't have your Fox shocks worked on, the ride would be night and day. But yeah, have the shocks rebuilt and new springs and your ride will be real spiffy!(y)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
A set of progressive springs and adjust the shock to the wide open adjustment then 3 clicks back in and mine is a good ride for an 800 4 seater. I also dumped the sway bar after the new springs and have not looked back. Drastic improvement when crawling in the mountains.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A set of progressive springs and adjust the shock to the wide open adjustment then 3 clicks back in and mine is a good ride for an 800 4 seater. I also dumped the sway bar after the new springs and have not looked back. Drastic improvement when crawling in the mountains.
First thing I did was disconnect the sway bar. I finally had a chance to play with the shock settings and they were turned in 15 clicks. Way better at 5 clicks in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts