Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 rzr 570 with upgraded clutch. Stock other than that. Want to run 27 or 28 inch tires eventually. I've looked at bandit and exit. Any recommendations? Experience? Live in northern Idaho with rough and Rocky terrain and high speed logging roads.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I've had ZBROZ EXIT 2's 3 way adjustable on my 08 800 with +6 long travel for years now. I ride hard pack, sand washes and dunes. Excellent shocks and springs as well as service. They did it over the phone with me and nailed them the first time. They coordinated with SATV on my long travel as well. They even called me a couple months after I had them on to make sure I was good with them. Absolutely great shocks and service.

·
Registered
782 Posts
You dont need compression and rebound adjustable shocks on the 570. Just good aluminum body with upgradeable and adjustable springs. Gas charge would be a bonus. I dont think the 570 will ever have a plush ride. The control arm are so short and the machine has a short wheel base making the ride choppy. I am running 200lb front and 250lb rear springs with no front sway bar. I am pleased with the setup for fire road riding. If your riding very slow all the time you could probably go with less spring rate and no sway bars to soften the ride.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have the Bandit Trail Series On My 570 Put them on @ 1600 Miles & Now @ 4200,Had to send one in for a reseal about 2 years back,I’m not running a front sway bar just the rear Ride & height improved over stock,Also swapped the shock Bushings over to Garage Products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have the Zbroz Exit shocks. About 3500 miles in 3+ years on them so far in ID, WA, OR and Utah. Similar riding conditions to what you describe. They have been good and with the forum discount at the time they were about the same price as the Bandit shocks

·
Registered
510 Posts
I bought Walker Evan shocks for my 2012 800 with Racertech Heavy Springs. It was the best option for the 50'' rzr IMHO besides getting wider and longer. That being said I think most aftermarket reservoir shocks with a good set of springs would be the best. It would also allow you to set your ride height and gain ground clearance with out a lift. If you wanted more left after that, go with a lift kit.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Do the Exits or bandits also allow you to lift the machine? Not just get rid of the sag?
You can, not recommended by either manufacturer. I found that my highlifter kit actually robbed my shocks of almost 1/4 total stroke due to compression from the lift on short a arms. Also caused my springs to sag prematurely. Best bet IMHO is to upgrade shocks, and use larger tires to get more lift. My bandit trail series before adding the lift (wasn't going to AT first) was about 1 inch more ground clearance than my machine had stock when I first measured it at about 300 miles.
Also, make sure you weigh your machine before ordering and talk directly to a sales person so that you can get your springs matched to your vehicles needs. Proper rated shocks will keep the clearence in the beginning as well as long term. Standard spring duel rate for bandit trail series is 220lbs front and 250lbs rear. Bandit offered to tailor my spring rate in the beginning, I declined then, but my sprung weight wasn't quite as much then as it is now since I didn't count driver and potential passenger extra fuel on board and my "get back out of the woods with the machine" gear.
Next week I'm refreshing my bandits with a check on charge, heavier springs, bump stops, and bushings, it's just under $300 to get that done in parts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts