Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do one or the other on my 800 trail. I found a set of walker evans for about the same price as the super atv power steering upgrade and was curious what you alls thoughts were on which one is better money spent.

Most of my riding is normal trail riding rarely get over 35 mph.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
If your steeting doesn't wear you out with the riding you do, I say go with shocks. I love my EZ steer too though. But if I had to choose between my eps and my revalved and resprung shocks, it would be shocks hands down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking to do one or the other on my 800 trail. I found a set of walker evans for about the same price as the super atv power steering upgrade and was curious what you alls thoughts were on which one is better money spent.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Did the same last year! Shocks or power Steering? Hands down power steering! Installed Super ATV EZ Steer.

No more steering wheel grab when drifting into soft trail shoulders, bump steer in rough or rocky low range conditions, and reduced fatigue on arms and shoulders! It made a huge difference!

Had to replace the shocks but went with the factory Sachs units. They work well within the performance limits of the RZR 800, terrain, riding style, and budget.

·
Registered
945 Posts
If you're doing low speed, trail riding the majority of the time, you will appreciate the power steering a LOT more than the shocks. Shocks are nice, but you're not going to notice any difference at those speeds (at least not with the WE shocks). I have the SATV kit on my 08, and consider it one of the best upgrades I've ever done.

If you have a Facebook account, and are interested, there are several guys on the page "RZR 800 Nation" that have used the power steering units out of a Prius, and Versa, and done the conversions for under $200. If my SATV goes out, that's the route I'm going to replace it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts