Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
Ok I got a 2020 w/ 1800 miles on my Walker Evans and blew a shock seal and have a thump when the compression fully releases in the front driver shock.
I wanna upgrade but am clueless with shocks. I been looking at Shock therapy’s Ride Improvement System and spring kit for $1500. This is no cheap upgrade and it’ll suck to have down time so your comments are appreciated!

has anyone upgraded theirs to this and how’s the ride difference, ease of install and lead time?

is there any other company you guys have used?

move been told just to get the FoxRC2 shocks but I don’t see why spending double if I already have descent shocks that can be upgraded. Has anybody swap out their WE shocks completely for the FOX’s?

thanks for your advice and feedback with what you’ve done with your rides. Look forward to some some Shock education lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just went the shock therapy route with shock rebuild and new springs. '17 900s with 2K miles(WE). Had one shock that was leaking and all of them had lost pressure.

Very pleased with the outcome ! Rode it today for the first time. Our riding is all trails that are very rocky and muddy. Some hill climbing and ruff washouts. Huge improvement over stock. Drove it today about 5 miles and them got in my buddies rig that is identical except still stock. Holy cow. Didn't realize how much better the ride was until the comparison ride. He drove mine and got out all smiles and wanted details....

As far as down time, when you schedule the appointment for your rebuild you are actually down about 3 weeks. A few days for shipping to them, one day rebuild, a couple of days for shipping back and ready to GO !

I spent about 6 months researching opinions and forums for which ones to go with. Shock therapy had the best comments over and over again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went the shock therapy route with shock rebuild and new springs. '17 900s with 2K miles(WE). Had one shock that was leaking and all of them had lost pressure.

Very pleased with the outcome ! Rode it today for the first time. Our riding is all trails that are very rocky and muddy. Some hill climbing and ruff washouts. Huge improvement over stock. Drove it today about 5 miles and them got in my buddies rig that is identical except still stock. Holy cow. Didn't realize how much better the ride was until the comparison ride. He drove mine and got out all smiles and wanted details....

As far as down time, when you schedule the appointment for your rebuild you are actually down about 3 weeks. A few days for shipping to them, one day rebuild, a couple of days for shipping back and ready to GO !

I spent about 6 months researching opinions and forums for which ones to go with. Shock therapy had the best comments over and over again.
Thanks dude. Exact answer I’ve been looking for. You had the right improvement system and the springs done there? So after the upgrade were you able to adjust it so it’s smooth going slow and fast or do you have to adjust them to how you’re riding hard or not? Do you notice any difference that makes you drive faster? Thanks again bro

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, RIde improvement and springs. I haven't played with any adjustments yet. Our trails are pretty ruff. Average speed is literally 5-8 mph 60% of the time. I did notice that I was running off and leaving my buddy and having to wait for him to catch up, average speed was 10-15 mph. Only rode about an hour and half so no chances to play with adjustments though.... Definitely highly recommend !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts