Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sand Slinger
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay just to be clear I do not have a specific issue to address with the suspension. I just want to try and wrap my head around the different settings as they would relate to dune riding in Glamis in case I want to make adjustments down the road.

Choppy buggy ruts = adjust the hi speed clicker to help?
G-outs = Lo speed clicker?
Whoops and Jumps???

I am sure that there is some overlap as well, just looking for a basic guide as too which adjustment I would focus more on for specific conditions.

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
I have mine dialed in pretty good but count me in for more info!!! Hopefully a shock guru will come along.....

·
Sand Slinger
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Sand Slinger
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found this on another site, seems to make sense...any comments or thoughts?

HIGH SPEED/LOW SPEED COMPRESSION DAMPING
The high speed circuits work on the following:
1. straights with sharp edged bumps where vehicle speed is high
2. landing from big jumps (particularly with the throttle off)
3. high speed through tightly spaced or deep whoops (supercross style)

The low speed circuits work on the following:
1. braking/acceleration bumps
2. cornering (high G force)
3. slower speeds or shallow whoops
4. smooth landing from jumps
**The compression adjusters most shocks affect the low speed dampening only.
Remember, the low speed valve stacks effect the high speed circuits but the high-speed valve stacks do not effect the low speed circuits

·
Registered
890 Posts
Actually one of the best tools for adjusting your shocks is a good video camera. You would be amazed what you can learn by just watching the car through a whoop section at different speeds in slow motion. As far as adjustments I am a knob twister anything more than that and I go find a pro (McMullen racing or Fodrill on our side of town Jeff) to help sort it out. Show them a video and they can get it real close on the first try.

·
Sand Slinger
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually one of the best tools for adjusting your shocks is a good video camera. You would be amazed what you can learn by just watching the car through a whoop section at different speeds in slow motion. As far as adjustments I am a knob twister anything more than that and I go find a pro (McMullen racing or Fodrill on our side of town Jeff) to help sort it out. Show them a video and they can get it real close on the first try.
Good point, no problems at this time just wanting to edumicate myself so that if/when the time comes that I do need to try and figure out an issue I have an idea where to start.

Thanks

·
Sand Slinger
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump

1 - 9 of 9 Posts