Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just finished installing front and back all 8 springs. per their spec. I come in at 15" rear and 14" front for clearance. have some adjustment to do tomorrow.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Just finished installing front and back all 8 springs. per their spec. I come in at 15" rear and 14" front for clearance. have some adjustment to do tomorrow.
Exactly what happened to me. Now go crank the preload down and enjoy your stiff ass ride curtesy of Shock Therapy

·
Registered
101 Posts
I spoke with the Xtreme performance guys - and ordered a set of their tender springs and crossover rings. I am just looking for a softer ride on the first few inches of travel so using their softer top spring then crossing over to the stock spring will hopefully do the trick.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I spoke with the Xtreme performance guys - and ordered a set of their tender springs and crossover rings. I am just looking for a softer ride on the first few inches of travel so using their softer top spring then crossing over to the stock spring will hopefully do the trick.
I would love to be able to experience the difference between these with and without the crossover rings. I have without, so it essentially acts as one long spring. Not complaining, but I don't know what I don't know.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would love to be able to experience the difference between these with and without the crossover rings. I have without, so it essentially acts as one long spring. Not complaining, but I don't know what I don't know.
I hear you on this - it really depends on what you ride and the way you ride also. Its very hard to compare one person's opinions on springs to another's. Everyone that rides in my machine thinks it rides "fine", but it's way too harsh and chattery over slow speed rocks etc. With my old shock therapy setup I had it smooth over the light chop then still able to control some of the stiffer stuff.

With springs, you really can't have it all ways

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Do you know if these guys have a website. I can't seem to find them on Interweb.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do you know if these guys have a website. I can't seem to find them on Interweb.
https://www.xtremerzrperformance.com/lift-kits

They dont show the turbo S on the website though from what I could see

·
Registered
750 Posts
Is there a 2 piece crossover for the turbo S? I would be willing to try the crossover but I don’t want to do a spring swap again. Why not just try the tenders by themselves first? Are you expecting the crossover to handle Better in in high speed? I ride pretty fast and in sport mode the tenders handle well

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is there a 2 piece crossover for the turbo S? I would be willing to try the crossover but I don’t want to do a spring swap again. Why not just try the tenders by themselves first? Are you expecting the crossover to handle Better in in high speed? I ride pretty fast and in sport mode the tenders handle well
Unsure on the 2 piece, I dont think Shock Therapy sells theirs separately. I could spin the crossover all the way up so that it isn't really in play and that would simulate it not being there. However adding that allows you to add some stiffness and bottom out resistance if it is too soft.

When I first installed my shock therapy kit on my old machine and the crossover was too high, the machine was crazy smooth on straight but dangerously soft in the turns. The crossover just adds the tuneability

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was able to put about 30 miles on my RZR yesterday after the shock therapy revalve and new springs. The ride was quite a bit better than stock - not too stiff at all. It actually seemed quite a bit more plush without being wallowy and it didn't bottom. I was extremely relieved with the ride as I was fearful shock therapy was going to ruin it.

I'm a west coast guy so different terrain than east coasters so I don't know how it would ride in other terrains but no complaints here.

Also, I have no way of knowing how much of the improvements came from the springs, the valving or the combination of both. All I can say is I'm super super satisfied.

In my opinion, it seems like shock therapy figured their issues out.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
I was able to put about 30 miles on my RZR yesterday after the shock therapy revalve and new springs. The ride was quite a bit better than stock - not too stiff at all. It actually seemed quite a bit more plush without being wallowy and it didn't bottom. I was extremely relieved with the ride as I was fearful shock therapy was going to ruin it.

I'm a west coast guy so different terrain than east coasters so I don't know how it would ride in other terrains but no complaints here.

Also, I have no way of knowing how much of the improvements came from the springs, the valving or the combination of both. All I can say is I'm super super satisfied.

Any pics of front and rear shocks setup at ride height? Are you sitting at 16.5 in the front and 16” in the back for ground clearance? What areas do you ride in by Phoenix?

·
Registered
38 Posts
They set me up at 16" on both ends due to my the location of my spare tire carrier. I rode in Maricopa yesterday - fire roads with whoops and washed out roads. Frankly, not overly challenging but I've spent a lot of time there so I could A-B things pretty easily.

I sent you a PM too.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
It seems the springs at spot on for the west coast and a miss for the east coast. Every good view is from the west and every bad review is from the east.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
306 Posts

What stage did you do, I was looking at the stage 4, also does it effect the Ride Dynamics system?

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I did stage 4 and revalve. It took away firm. Basically firm comfort and sport are all the same

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
38 Posts

What stage did you do, I was looking at the stage 4, also does it effect the Ride Dynamics system?
I just did springs and revalve so I guess Stage 1? I only have 30 miles on it but without a doubt comfort is more... comfortable (it's really plush). I didn't play much with sport or firm but Shock Therapy says they improve all three. Time will tell for me on those two settings.

Somebody earlier summed it up pretty well - it sounds like Shock Therapy has things pretty well dialed for us west coasters. Those from the east coast sound less happy.

121 - 140 of 149 Posts