Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 60 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Seems to be an issue with the turbo s kits. A lot in our group had the kit on their xp1000, regular fox turbo and were very happy. None of us would go with ST on our turbo s again.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
any update on this? planning on getting their kit but if its riding more harsh than the oem then its a no go for me. i just want my ride to the same or a little plusher on slow stuff then keep my ride height bec the stock springs arent worth a crap and they collapse..

Still not happy. I’ve swapped spring rates and also had them revalve my shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
any update on this? planning on getting their kit but if its riding more harsh than the oem then its a no go for me. i just want my ride to the same or a little plusher on slow stuff then keep my ride height bec the stock springs arent worth a crap and they collapse..

Still not happy. I’ve swapped spring rates and also had them revalve my shocks. To do it all over again I would’ve done one of the tender swaps to get my ride height back and not make it ride so stiff.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
So what we are finding out while doing R&D on my car is the Turbo S dynamix is a whole different animal. What worked on previous cars does not work on the Turbo S. I had the ADS stage 2 spring kit which consists of all new upper and lower eibach springs and crossover rings on my XP1k and that thing was awesome everywhere. We are tying to come up with the best formula between springs and valving that works for my type of riding. The goal is to use the lightest springs with the least amount of preload to get the perfect ride heigth of 16+ inches. The valving is pretty much spot on but we are on round 2 of springs. We have the rears pretty much dialed in but want to go with 50lbs heavier on the upper spring just to see if it makes any difference. The front is a whole different story. We will try a bunch of different spring lengths and rates to get it perfected. Once we have it dialed in I will make a post about what we did to get it right. ADS has been great to work with on doing this.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So what we are finding out while doing R&D on my car is the Turbo S dynamix is a whole different animal. What worked on previous cars does not work on the Turbo S. I had the ADS stage 2 spring kit which consists of all new upper and lower eibach springs and crossover rings on my XP1k and that thing was awesome everywhere. We are tying to come up with the best formula between springs and valving that works for my type of riding. The goal is to use the lightest springs with the least amount of preload to get the perfect ride heigth of 16+ inches. The valving is pretty much spot on but we are on round 2 of springs. We have the rears pretty much dialed in but want to go with 50lbs heavier on the upper spring just to see if it makes any difference. The front is a whole different story. We will try a bunch of different spring lengths and rates to get it perfected. Once we have it dialed in I will make a post about what we did to get it right. ADS has been great to work with on doing this.

Please keep us updated. What type of of riding do you do? It’s crazy how stock setup actually is much softer than the shock therapy

·
Registered
290 Posts
Its a lot of money spent to be unhappy and sounding somewhat out of options at this point. What's the end result with ST?

·
Vendor
852 Posts
Hi guys. I want to be completely transparent with this issue. It may be a bit long winded but bear with me. Originally when we tested the Turbo S for all of our components we purchased one of the first cars available in Arizona. Certainly part of the first production run. We tested the car in all areas including mountains and trail riding near us in Flagstaff. Our initial results with the spring kits were outstanding and we had great response from our customers in all parts of the U.S.
After many months and over 300 spring kits sold for the Turbo S we started to hear complaints about stiffness in the front. We have documented 13 cases where the front of the car was stiff no matter what the adjustments or ride heights were set to. Of these, 11 were on the east coast. I am not saying these are the only issues we have seen but what I mean is these are the only ones that could not be made perfect with some adjustments. This many rough riding kits raised a red flag and we grabbed a couple more Turbo S's this week to check and test. What we found is interesting. There has been a production change in the Fox shock internals that is different than our initial notes from our shop car. This change is complicated to explain but in short it affects how the shock transitions from the plush mid stroke to harsh bump stage. It does not affect how our spring kit works when run fast or hard but it seems to make the slow speed chop and rocks harsher as we run different spring rates.
This change is not an issue for us when we do the internal shock work since our changes eliminate this running production change but it is clearly an issue when the spring kit is added with out the shock work. We contacted Fox to verify this change, which they did but what they could not tell us is when this change went into the Polaris production schedule or if it was an instant change or if it was phased into production as they ran through the original spec shocks.
So, to get back around to the issue at hand, we are currently re-testing our Turbo S spring kits on new cars this week and next week. If we can offer one spring kit that will do both high speed west coast terrain and have enough adjustment for slower, east coast trails then we will certainly do that. But if we can NOT then we will have to offer two kits for each discipline or even 4 kits (2 for spring only and 2 for spring and valving systems). Either way we will keep you informed when we are wrapped up very soon.
When this happens, we will replace any and all springs that are needed to upgrade your Turbo S kits so that the front is plush as promised. The number and style of springs will be determined by our current testing so just wait a bit for all of us to know what this will entail.
I want to touch upon the phone and information subject a little as well. We currently have 5 people on the phones here to help all our customers. We need many more. We have had a few new people come in but not last long as this job is overwhelming for most. During that training period we could and probably did have some conflicting information go out there about the Turbo S kits. I apologize for this and we are working very hard to cure this going forward.
Here at Shock Therapy, we take our job and our customers very serious. With out perfect products that live up to our claims we will have no customers. With out our customers there is no point in products. To those whom we have given bad customer service I personally would like to say I am sorry and I hope we can earn your business back. With that in mind, please be patient for a week or two while we finish up on these new cars. We will announce our changes here once we are done and we will be sending springs out to anyone who needs them once we have this figured out. At that time we will be contacting everyone we have listed and if you would send your information to us (at that time) at [email protected] and reference "Turbo S Forum Fix" in the subject so we can keep track of everyone here.
Again, sorry for the issues but with transparency, this is what we are doing to fix it and we will let you know instantly as soon as we are done with the fix. Thank you for your patients and your support. Justin Smith

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hi guys. I want to be completely transparent with this issue. It may be a bit long winded but bear with me. Originally when we tested the Turbo S for all of our components we purchased one of the first cars available in Arizona. Certainly part of the first production run. We tested the car in all areas including mountains and trail riding near us in Flagstaff. Our initial results with the spring kits were outstanding and we had great response from our customers in all parts of the U.S.
After many months and over 300 spring kits sold for the Turbo S we started to hear complaints about stiffness in the front. We have documented 13 cases where the front of the car was stiff no matter what the adjustments or ride heights were set to. Of these, 11 were on the east coast. I am not saying these are the only issues we have seen but what I mean is these are the only ones that could not be made perfect with some adjustments. This many rough riding kits raised a red flag and we grabbed a couple more Turbo S's this week to check and test. What we found is interesting. There has been a production change in the Fox shock internals that is different than our initial notes from our shop car. This change is complicated to explain but in short it affects how the shock transitions from the plush mid stroke to harsh bump stage. It does not affect how our spring kit works when run fast or hard but it seems to make the slow speed chop and rocks harsher as we run different spring rates.
This change is not an issue for us when we do the internal shock work since our changes eliminate this running production change but it is clearly an issue when the spring kit is added with out the shock work. We contacted Fox to verify this change, which they did but what they could not tell us is when this change went into the Polaris production schedule or if it was an instant change or if it was phased into production as they ran through the original spec shocks.
So, to get back around to the issue at hand, we are currently re-testing our Turbo S spring kits on new cars this week and next week. If we can offer one spring kit that will do both high speed west coast terrain and have enough adjustment for slower, east coast trails then we will certainly do that. But if we can NOT then we will have to offer two kits for each discipline or even 4 kits (2 for spring only and 2 for spring and valving systems). Either way we will keep you informed when we are wrapped up very soon.
When this happens, we will replace any and all springs that are needed to upgrade your Turbo S kits so that the front is plush as promised. The number and style of springs will be determined by our current testing so just wait a bit for all of us to know what this will entail.
I want to touch upon the phone and information subject a little as well. We currently have 5 people on the phones here to help all our customers. We need many more. We have had a few new people come in but not last long as this job is overwhelming for most. During that training period we could and probably did have some conflicting information go out there about the Turbo S kits. I apologize for this and we are working very hard to cure this going forward.
Here at Shock Therapy, we take our job and our customers very serious. With out perfect products that live up to our claims we will have no customers. With out our customers there is no point in products. To those whom we have given bad customer service I personally would like to say I am sorry and I hope we can earn your business back. With that in mind, please be patient for a week or two while we finish up on these new cars. We will announce our changes here once we are done and we will be sending springs out to anyone who needs them once we have this figured out. At that time we will be contacting everyone we have listed and if you would send your information to us (at that time) at [email protected] and reference "Turbo S Forum Fix" in the subject so we can keep track of everyone here.
Again, sorry for the issues but with transparency, this is what we are doing to fix it and we will let you know instantly as soon as we are done with the fix. Thank you for your patients and your support. Justin Smith
Your company is a complete joke. I am local to you and was sold on this soft ride your spring kit was supposed to give. After I installed I knew immediately it was way too stiff. 3 different calls and emails sent will all info requested. No one replied. It took weeks for you guys to finally agree to a full refund. But when I showed up in person you charged me the 10% restocking fee. $180 down the drain. I was never offered new springs or was told a new kit was in the works and if I wanted to wait for that. This was 2 weeks ago not months ago. So yes a local guy hated the ride after your spring kit and was treated like crap

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

So If we’ve done the springs kit and valving this doesn’t apply to us? I’ve changed front springs 3-4x plus went ahead and did valving and it is still not a great ride. I gave up because I was tired of changing springs. If you may have a solution please keep up to date. I sure didn’t spend $2000+ to ride stiffer than stock.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Your company is a complete joke. I am local to you and was sold on this soft ride your spring kit was supposed to give. After I installed I knew immediately it was way too stiff. 3 different calls and emails sent will all info requested. No one replied. It took weeks for you guys to finally agree to a full refund. But when I showed up in person you charged me the 10% restocking fee. $180 down the drain. I was never offered new springs or was told a new kit was in the works and if I wanted to wait for that. This was 2 weeks ago not months ago. So yes a local guy hated the ride after your spring kit and was treated like crap
Hey they are trying to fix the problem. Sounds like you got in when they were still unsure of the problem. I'm sure Justin will help you out but man you need to chill. As as business owner myself you don't succeed without taking care of customers. Shock theropy is a success to date and I dought they want that to change. Give them a chance to make it right before giving them a bad name.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Five cars shock tuned by shock therapy for me in the last 6 years.
Much better results than my previous shock tuner.
If there is a problem with the shock setup they will fix it.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Five cars shock tuned by shock therapy for me in the last 6 years.
Much better results than my previous shock tuner.
If there is a problem with the shock setup they will fix it.

5 turbo s cars? If that’s the case I want to know what the issue is with mine? It rides terrible.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My biggest issue (I had/have many) with the whole ordeal is the “sorry not sorry” customer service I received. Considering how many aftermarket companies I’ve dealt over the years with, it is shocking to me that they were by far the worst at customer service and doing what they needed to do to make sure their customers are happy.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
My biggest issue (I had/have many) with the whole ordeal is the “sorry not sorry” customer service I received. Considering how many aftermarket companies I’ve dealt over the years with, it is shocking to me that they were by far the worst at customer service and doing what they needed to do to make sure their customers are happy.

Same here. I was basically told by Ernie they don’t want my feedback. After that I just gave up with them. Go figure I hear great things about Shock Therapy and after I spend $2300 they go to crap and my shocks are ruined.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
I have worked with ST for several years and I have to say give them a chance to correct the issue ..one more time. Overall they are one of the best suspension tuners out there. I have had them re valve and re spring stock shocks and now I have the FOX RC2.5
When I got the RC 2.5 shocks from Fox.. the front upper springs were way to stiff. After talking to many experts ...FOX NOT BEING ONE OF THEM...Shock Therapy got my situation dialed. They told me that all my other spring rates from FOX were good and it was just the upper springs in the front that were to stiff.
I bought the new upper front springs from them and the car has been awesome major change for the better. I did have to figure out all other adjustments ...and again thanks to ST and there advice on settings I did what they said and I was very close

So Give them a chance to fix it .....we have all been their thats just part of Modifying shit especially long travel computer controlled suspension

·
Registered
93 Posts
To make it right for me would be simple. Once they figure out the correct formula, Pay for shipping for my assembled shocks back to them, put the new springs on, and ship them back to me. I am not exaggerating when I say that I had to take my shocks off and on 5 times to get to where I’m at now. (Not happy at all with the ride that is stiffer than stock.)

This wasn’t caused bc of ignorance with adjusting shocks, it was because they gave me 3 different starting preload levels for both the front and rear to set at and then to top it out I found out they sent the complete wrong spring rates for my machine.

During this process 2 of my dynamix female plugs were broken. Now I did not expect them to fix that, but it would have went a long way to make up for the completely FUBAR experience I had had up to that point as it would have not happened if they would have got it right the first time and with how much of a premium this company charges it 100% should have been right the first time.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I have worked with ST for several years and I have to say give them a chance to correct the issue ..one more time. Overall they are one of the best suspension tuners out there. I have had them re valve and re spring stock shocks and now I have the FOX RC2.5
When I got the RC 2.5 shocks from Fox.. the front upper springs were way to stiff. After talking to many experts ...FOX NOT BEING ONE OF THEM...Shock Therapy got my situation dialed. They told me that all my other spring rates from FOX were good and it was just the upper springs in the front that were to stiff.
I bought the new upper front springs from them and the car has been awesome major change for the better. I did have to figure out all other adjustments ...and again thanks to ST and there advice on settings I did what they said and I was very close

So Give them a chance to fix it .....we have all been their thats just part of Modifying shit especially long travel computer controlled suspension

There becomes a point when you just give up. I’ve changed springs 3 times on the front. I was told I initially was already running a very stiff spring (but couldn’t get my ride height without 4” of preload) so I was then sent a stiffer spring, which they were not happy about. Now I read posts and they’re sending the same stiffer spring they told me was too stiff to everyone. I went ahead and spent extra money to get them revalved thinking that was the issue. Nope. It’s sad when my wife tells me she notices a stiffer ride than our factory setup. I literally want nothing from them other than a ride I should get out of my machine for $2000+ worth of shock work. I’ve not heard a word from them since they sent me the stiffer lower spring. When it didn’t work I just stopped contacting them. Changing springs 3 times plus having my shock revalved didn’t soften the ride so I doubt anything will. We have 4 turbo s in our group that have opted not to do ST bc our machines ride so much stiffer.

·
Registered
79 Posts

There becomes a point when you just give up. I’ve changed springs 3 times on the front. I was told I initially was already running a very stiff spring (but couldn’t get my ride height without 4” of preload) so I was then sent a stiffer spring, which they were not happy about. Now I read posts and they’re sending the same stiffer spring they told me was too stiff to everyone. I went ahead and spent extra money to get them revalved thinking that was the issue. Nope. It’s sad when my wife tells me she notices a stiffer ride than our factory setup. I literally want nothing from them other than a ride I should get out of my machine for $2000+ worth of shock work. I’ve not heard a word from them since they sent me the stiffer lower spring. When it didn’t work I just stopped contacting them. Changing springs 3 times plus having my shock revalved didn’t soften the ride so I doubt anything will. We have 4 turbo s in our group that have opted not to do ST bc our machines ride so much stiffer.

They said they would take care of every one on here after they have the problem fix. I'd just wait till they get that fix and get it done again. No reason to throw that kind of money away. Unless you just have money laying around.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

They said they would take care of every one on here after they have the problem fix. I'd just wait till they get that fix and get it done again. No reason to throw that kind of money away. Unless you just have money laying around.

From reading their post the issue is in the valving and they valves mine. I definitely don’t have money to just throw away. This has been going on for 6-7 months now though.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

From reading their post the issue is in the valving and they valved mine. I definitely don’t have money to just throw away. This has been going on for 6-7 months now though.

41 - 60 of 149 Posts