Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello RS1ers... I need y’all’s help. Trying to figure out the rear spring rates from my shock therapy setup. The current upper spring is 002321. The problem is with this spring at the correct ride height I have almost zero preload. If I tighten the collar to increase the preload my ride height increases to much. I gave them all my specs..., I’m 210, I carry about 20lbs in cargo, no bumper, no spare,30 inch tires, and I do have a custom cage. They sent me a new upper spring 051321. Can anyone give me info on spring rate. Btw.... the lower is a 052361. Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased new Fox RC 2's from ST in August, rear lower spring was 052361, upper was 002321. Shocks installed with preload completely backed off (no threads left) ride height was 17", way too high. After talking to them about issue they sent me 051321 upper springs, this allowed preload to be adjusted so ride height is now 13".

I'm 200, have front/rear bumpers, don't carry tools or spare. With the springs listed below front ride height is 13 1/2", rear 13".

Front Springs - Upper 05138, lower 003301
Rear Springs - Upper 051321, lower 052361

·
Registered
150 Posts
Those numbers are the length, ID, and spring rate, but backwards. So for example 002361 is a 16" long, 3" ID, 200lb spring.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased new Fox RC 2's from ST in August, rear lower spring was 052361, upper was 002321. Shocks installed with preload completely backed off (no threads left) ride height was 17", way too high. After talking to them about issue they sent me 051321 upper springs, this allowed preload to be adjusted so ride height is now 13".

I'm 200, have front/rear bumpers, don't carry tools or spare. With the springs listed below front ride height is 13 1/2", rear 13".

Front Springs - Upper 05138, lower 003301
Rear Springs - Upper 051321, lower 052361
Those numbers are the length, ID, and spring rate, but backwards. So for example 002361 is a 16" long, 3" ID, 200lb spring.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Thank you for the decipher! Makes it easier now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slick 50.... sounds like we had the same problem with the rear upper springs. What size tires are you running? Is 13.5 front amd 13.0 rear what you want with a 29 inch tire or a 30 inch tire.... and that is with you in the vehicle?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My final numbers
Front upper... 00238 lower... 002321
Rear upper... 051321 lower... 052361

·
Registered
'18 XPT
1,573 Posts
I'm; staying out of it, but I will say I find it interesting ST is in some kind of deal w/Fox to buy the shocks w/o springs just they can put their own OEM spring on them. Hmph.

Trick Question: When is an RC2 not an RC2?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Slick 50.... sounds like we had the same problem with the rear upper springs. What size tires are you running? Is 13.5 front amd 13.0 rear what you want with a 29 inch tire or a 30 inch tire.... and that is with you in the vehicle?
RS1doc, Measurements are based on 29" tires (for now 😉) and my weight added to vehicle (y)

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm; staying out of it, but I will say I find it interesting ST is in some kind of deal w/Fox to buy the shocks w/o springs just they can put their own OEM spring on them. Hmph.

Trick Question: When is an RC2 not an RC2?
This would make sense. ST and Fox are like immediate family...so it's no surprise they can do that.

They work with each other on things and ST does a lot of business with them. No sense in wasting a bunch of springs....they might even come disassembled as all ST RC2s are built to order with custom valving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello RS1ers... I need y’all’s help. Trying to figure out the rear spring rates from my shock therapy setup. The current upper spring is 002321. The problem is with this spring at the correct ride height I have almost zero preload. If I tighten the collar to increase the preload my ride height increases to much. I gave them all my specs..., I’m 210, I carry about 20lbs in cargo, no bumper, no spare,30 inch tires, and I do have a custom cage. They sent me a new upper spring 051321. Can anyone give me info on spring rate. Btw.... the lower is a 052361. Appreciate any help.
I have Shock Therapy done on my RS1 as well. I was in Glamis when I notice my rear springs seemed to have no to very little preload. Luckily Shock Therapy was out at Glamis that weekend. I had them take a look at it and they told me that is normal. That the spring may seem loose, but there is still tension on the springs.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Went through the same thing last year. Sent them my stuff, gave details and told them i wanted “Cadillac Crawler” not go fast and turn left.
Sure enough, get them back and installed, looked like I installed drywall stilts. Was told to follow the xp1k install and had to eventually take pics etc and send to them. Had to just work around with what I had until I got it to sit correctly.
May come in handy now that im stretching and adding weight, ill have plenty of room to add pre load lol

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went through the same thing last year. Sent them my stuff, gave details and told them i wanted “Cadillac Crawler” not go fast and turn left.
Sure enough, get them back and installed, looked like I installed drywall stilts. Was told to follow the xp1k install and had to eventually take pics etc and send to them. Had to just work around with what I had until I got it to sit correctly.
May come in handy now that im stretching and adding weight, ill have plenty of room to add pre load lol

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
Can't say I don't go fast but certainly turn right ..........and left :)

Seems like ST hasn't corrected spring setup for our machines, but continues to configure for turbo s. When it comes to adjustments they said the same thing refer to "xp1k install", weren't very helpful. I will say I'm very happy with how they perform (once correct upper springs were installed).

Attachments

Reactions: DaGoat
1 - 12 of 12 Posts