Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our S1000 for about a year and would really like to improve the ride. I've narrowed my options to having either Shock Therapy re-do the shocks and new springs or buying a set of Exit shocks. Besides the $1,000 what other differences would we notice between the two options from a performance perspective?

I would consider our riding style to be moderate, we top out at about 45 mph. We do ride in really varied terrain, desert, mountain forest trails and some mild rock crawling.

I know both ZBroz and Shock Therapy have excellent reputations and I'm willing to spend the extra $1k if I can utilize the performance.

What's are your thoughts?

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
I had Shock Therapy Stage 3 Shock Upgrade done on the XP 1000 4 and I really like the QUALITY of the Ride ...

Dunes, Moab and Trail Riding...

·
Registered
217 Posts
I got the 2.5 Fox podium setup from Shock Therapy, and the difference is unbelievable. The best mod I did to my RZR, and Shock Therapy was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Both of our cars are done by ST and have been very happy with them and the customer service is great. Just had mine rebuild after 5500 miles they replaced the crossovers that were bad and up dated with the latest changes included in the rebuild price.

The best thing would be call them and see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you order your own springs and rework the internals of the shocks? Do you use your custom shim pack or Walker Evans performance shims and pistons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just installed a stage 4 kit from Shock Therapy. Wow, what a difference. Less body roll, more plush, and better clearance. Shock Therapy is also a pleasure to deal with. Gina is very friendly and helpful.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Shock Therapy RIS 4 on my XP1K. Best upgrade ever. Better ride, handling and clearance.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I did the Zbroz on my 2 seat 1k. Didn't like the way the springs rubbed on the reservoirs on the fronts. Their fix was to rotate the springs and see if it gave it clearance. The ride was good, but I think down the road that machine is going to have expensive repairs for the reservoirs. Maybe not.

·
Registered
272 Posts
2.0 springs won't rub. A friend had his done the year before and his 2.0 springs were fine. I had mine done beginning of last year and they were bigger than 2.0 springs. Zbroz said they went to bigger springs because that was the new industry standard. If you're still using 2.0 springs then don't change and you will have happy customers. The ride was good, much better than stock, I didn't like the oversized springs though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought Z Bros springs for my XP1000 and they are pretty good. The machine sucks up drops and doesn't bounce. I can drive off my trailer and its just settles, no bounce. The key seems to be how you set up the spring on the shock.

Having said that, I would like to revalve now as whoops seem to... confuse the shock or it doesn't have enough time to respond.

Where can I get a revalve kit for all 4 shocks? Only direct from WE?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts