Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Will preload help at all let say I go up to about 1inch
If you add preload, move the preload collars down(shorten the springs) it will raise the machine and make it ride stiffer. If you remove preload, move them up(lengthen the springs) it should lower the machine and soften the ride a bit. And I suggest adding or removing 1/4" of preload at a time. 1/4" on the shock threads makes alot of difference at the wheels.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think 15" is more then plenty for trail ride. So my guess drop it to 14" of ground clearance maybee even 13"

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I think 15" is more then plenty for trail ride. So my guess drop it to 14" of ground clearance maybee even 13"
My opinion is put it where it works for YOU. What works for someone else maybe way off for you, and vice-versa. So yes, if I were you I would adjust alittle then go ride it and see how it does, then adjust somemore and ride it again, until you get the ride you are after. It has taken me alot of miles and adjusting to get mine where I want it! But I'm used to the adjusting, I came from mx bikes, so I had my suspension adjusted to suit my riding.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thank you. Will try loose my preload like you sad 1/4 " saturday. If any one else want to chime in I will appreciate that.

·
Registered
471 Posts
That crossover rubbing is way to much. How can the springs move when they are rubbing that bad. No dealer is going to take the time to set up carefully like you would. The springs need to be clocked like someone said earlier. The instructions tell you how to do this. I have the Shock Therapy on my 900xp and they barely rub on a couple of them some not at all. They are not removing metal just polishing a little on the crossovers. No one is going to be able to set it for you, like a lot of things you have to figure it out. CALL Shock Therapy and when you get it right there will be a big difference in ride.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Try screwing your crossover rings closer to your pre-load nut maybe 1/2 the distance between where they are now, this should give you quite a bit softer suspension, possibly too much but you would know your going in the right direction.

Pre-load doesn't effect compression spring rate nearly as much as people think it does, pre-load effects more how quickly your tire springs back down to meet the terrain after being compressed by a bump and also of course is how you set ride height/effect the ride height...If you are happy with ride height i would leave pre-load alone for now and focus more on the crossover ring...if you have it too close to the spring divider then when you and everybody load into the rzr it might be enough weight to compress it to almost be touching the divider, at that point you are already riding on the stiffer secondary spring (harsh ride)... if it goes too soft and you start to bottom out, try adjusting clickers some or screw the crossover ring back closer to the divider but not as much as where you had it to start with.

As far as the rubbing is concerned your springs appear to be out of alignment, typically you want the end of the spring on the top of the divider and the end of the spring on the bottom of the divider to be 180 apart from each other, or 90 at the least...you will need to physically spin the springs on the dividers to accomplish this. They easily could have spun and become misaligned when you were adjusting preload.

Hope that helps!

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Thank you guys for helping Vlad. Really appreciate it. Vlad, why did you not call us first? Who did the install? I can tell you without getting into any other details that 15" or more ride height on a Jagged with 30" tire is too tall. You should be closer to 13.5". With the ride height too high it will ride stiff. The upper springs will be compressed quite a bit. The cross over rings will rub. That is normal but I think the installer may not have the springs clocked like our instructions say and that will cause more rubbing. Please call us at the shop so we can walk you through all the settings and get you the ride quality that is normal for this kit. 623-217-4959

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I find it interesting the small amount of preload that you have. On my Walker Evans needle valve converted shocks, there is about 2" front and rear give or take a half inch. Are your springs Shock Therapy springs with no markings or Eibach with numbers? I wonder if you have the right spring? Too bad you are not closer...

Steve

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Solved. Got it all set up. Pre load was way to high and then adjusted the cross over rings. Thanks JT from ST
Now its seats lower, just by pressing at front or rear bumper i can feel the difference right away. before i could barely move 1 inch if i sit on it i am at 190 lb. It was bouncing back. Right now i can feel that softness. Will update you guys after Saturday ride.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
All right. Came back from 4 hr trip. Dont get me wrong but I love the ride. Man I was flying true the forest trails. Stock 900 rzr got way behind me. Love it. Well 900$ spend. The only thing I thought that shop that installed them for me will set everything up. That's why I was like what's super cool about ST. Now I feel the day night difference. Thanks ST .sorry for miss understanding.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
All right. Came back from 4 hr trip. Dont get me wrong but I love the ride. Man I was flying true the forest trails. Stock 900 rzr got way behind me. Love it. Well 900$ spend. The only thing I thought that shop that installed them for me will set everything up. That's why I was like what's super cool about ST. Now I feel the day night difference. Thanks ST .sorry for miss understanding.
Glad to hear you got it dialed in! Yes it's expensive, but well worth it. With my 800 S shocks, the RT Pro springs made a huge difference and the Shock Therapy valving made just as huge of difference!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts