Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying I have researched this subject and read 100’s of threads prior to posting this. I have a 2009 S that I recently purchased for my dad. I have had several SXS and RZR and currently have an XP4 and a Turbo S.
I noticed late this summer the shocks on the 800 were starting to leak pretty bad. I sent them into Shock Therapy for a rebuild and just received them back. I have used this company for several machines. After reassembly and setting the preload I have come to the conclusion the springs are shot. I knew they were weak but did not know how weak with the shocks in the shape they were in. In speaking with Shock Therapy they do not have a spring kit for these shocks. They are the Fox Podium 2.0. In researching the topic here, I have seen a few recommendations such as Hawk, Makin Trax and RT. The first two, at least from my attempt to find contact are not making springs anymore. I would like something progressive and dual rate if available. RT looks kind of dual rate but not true dual rate based on other machines I have upgraded as there does not appear to be a stop ring. Any recommendations on the RT or something that I may have missed would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

· Registered
4,501 Posts
Let me start by saying I have researched this subject and read 100’s of threads prior to posting this. I have a 2009 S that I recently purchased for my dad. I have had several SXS and RZR and currently have an XP4 and a Turbo S.
I noticed late this summer the shocks on the 800 were starting to leak pretty bad. I sent them into Shock Therapy for a rebuild and just received them back. I have used this company for several machines. After reassembly and setting the preload I have come to the conclusion the springs are shot. I knew they were weak but did not know how weak with the shocks in the shape they were in. In speaking with Shock Therapy they do not have a spring kit for these shocks. They are the Fox Podium 2.0. In researching the topic here, I have seen a few recommendations such as Hawk, Makin Trax and RT. The first two, at least from my attempt to find contact are not making springs anymore. I would like something progressive and dual rate if available. RT looks kind of dual rate but not true dual rate based on other machines I have upgraded as there does not appear to be a stop ring. Any recommendations on the RT or something that I may have missed would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom
Unless someone upgraded the shocks, a 09 "S" should have Fox Podium 1.5" shocks. You need to make sure of what you have. Because I really thought Shock Therapy had springs for the 2.0" Fox Podiums, but I could be wrong. As for the RT Pro springs, no they do not have the spring crossover rings. But they are a major improvement over the oem springs. Also as SeaDogBBR suggested you can get springs straight from Fox.

Reactions: Flying59

· Registered
93 Posts
RT spring setups are known to be a tad bit on the stiff side. Lots of ground clearance is regained but it seems like their springs are setup for somebody who might drive on the fast side

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

· Premium Member
3,797 Posts
I installed RT pro springs on my fox podiums (S900). They are an awesome spring set up despite not being a true dual rate. After a shock rebuild from shock therapy (they tend to rebuild a little on the soft side) and the stiffer RT springs, the combo was a night and day improvement. Excellent set up, and gained a few inches of ground clearance too..

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all the replies. I will double check as they may be the Fox 1.5. I know Shock Therapy has the springs for the 4 seat which I do believe are the 2.0. Good callout. I will check with Fox but otherwise will probably go with the RT. Thank you again.

· Registered
467 Posts
Schmidty has dual rate w/ crossover for the Fox 1.5

· Registered
4,501 Posts
Schmidty has dual rate w/ crossover for the Fox 1.5

After reading the fine print, yes they are a true dual rate, but they don't have adjustable crossover rings. It says the dividers are tuned to bottom out then engage the main spring. Not much different than how RT Pro uses coil bind of the springs to engage the stiffer top spring.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just put in an order for the RT springs after looking at everything. I misspoke earlier and I do in fact have the 1.5 Podium shocks as called out in an earlier thread. RT had a 20% holiday coupon so price was $409. That is going to be hard to beat. Thank you again all for the quick responses.

· Registered
5 Posts
I recently bought a set of RT Pro springs for my ''17 1000s . They had two different ratings and I went with the softer set , very satisfied.
I just installed a set of R T Pro springs on my '17 1000S , very satisfied. There were two different choices of stiffness and I went with the softer set , cost was right at $700 .
Automotive tire Coil Gas Auto part Automotive lighting
Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber
Automotive tire Coil Gas Auto part Automotive lighting
l
Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

1 - 10 of 10 Posts