Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
49,743 Posts
Hi there 2 adjustments on those shocks ,the first one is the compression adj ,that is the knob on top of the piggy-back reservoir turn it clock wise to increase the compression of the shaft ,counter clockwise to decrease .the next adjustment is the preload of the coil springs ,its best to jack up the rzr till the wheels are just off the ground ,you can then turn the top collar down this will add more preload to the springs ,it will also raise your ride height ,remember a few inches down will add a lot of preload and make your ride stiffer ,you really need to adjust them then ride the same trail ,re adjust and ride over the same trail again ,this will let you feel what the adjustments are doing to your ride .Frank

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Yea what Frank said. :rofl3: Anyway to add to this, I was having a bottom out problem on mine so I called Walker Evans. Great company to deal with. I was told to turn the spring down (tighten it) about 1" on all 4 shocks. Use a 1/4" punch will fit the holes in the collars perfect. The other adjustment will go to 7 clicks from the stock setting of 5. This should get you pretty close. I also found out from Walker Evans that these are not WE springs. He told me that they could not come up with a price good enough for Polaris so they elected to use their own springs (White Ones). Hope this helps some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.