Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everyone, have another question got you guys... Just got finished switching out my belt and was riding around the neighborhood trying to break it in a bit, was in low, and noticed a whining noise, looked at the RPM's and saw I was 9000, almost 10000, like it wasn't shifting, got nervous and stopped, moved to high and everything was fine. Is there something wrong with my low gear? Also, coincidentally, the light on my on command 4 wheel drive went out, could this have something to do with it? Wasn't in 4 wheel drive at the time. I will also say, that the machine is 4 months old

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,713 Posts
10000 RPM? That's not going to happen, stock limiter is 86 or 8800, even most tunes max out at 9200, with a hysteresis of 100 rpm... and your machine would be absolutely screaming at that high of RPM...and even in a HL you'd be doing 40+ mph, or smoke would be rolling out of the clutch housing and you'd be barely moving....if you can get a video of your machine doing that, I would be very curious to see it.

When you say the light went out, do you mean the light on the switch? or the instrument cluster?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can definitely take you a picture of the guage. Might not be 10000 but it's pretty high. And it's just the switch light that goes out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You bet man... So I figure that the belt might have been a little wet at first, cause even in took it back out, the highest RPM's I got up to were about 6000 at about 15 mph, not too bad. Thanks for following up with me bro. I still think I have some electrical issues but every time I bring it to the shop they never notice it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts