Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and i are thinking about investing in a shed..

Looking at something like a 8x12 or 10x16 or something along those lines..
Interested in the sheds ya see placed all over the place that come with delivery and free setup.

They all mostly claim to be amish built..

Just wondering if any of you have picked up a shed this way and how its holding up?
What size do you have? Does it have a loft? Any pictures of it?
I know they are all mostly somewhat different..
Will be used for storing general items you would find in storage, boxes and totes, push mower,
and stuff like that.

Just looking for some feedback before we drop $2200-$3500k on a shed.

Thanks

·
Read Only
41 Posts
I'm interested in the same information as you are. A hold up for me right now is trying to get a permit from the city.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I had one delivered a couple years ago. It was a pretty simple process, like buying a car. Went and picked it out, colors matched our house perfectly. A week later it was delivered. It was pretty cool how it was brought in, the guy wheeled it through my neighbor's backyard with this mini forklift thing to get it to it's new location, I just had to level and prep the area prior to delivery.

It's an amish built shed made by alpine structures, 10 x 14. Has a 5 ft loft on each end. I have a lot of stuff crammed in there, Christmas stuff up in one loft, misc stuff in the other, commercial mowers, push blowers, rototillers, edgers, (I have a big yard) ect.. Not bad for 3800$ otd, totally freed up my garage!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Each area is different as far as City and county permits, check with planning and zoning. Our area we can have up to 200 square feet and not be permanent foundation (so wood floor, usually on skids) and not require a permit. Great way to clear up space.
If you have the ability (or a friend that does) you can build one way cheaper.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,614 Posts
I have a 10' x 16', originally bought it to store my XP900 in and use the other half as a small workshop, now houses my dad's sportsman on tracks and has some randoms stored in it. I've had it for about 6 years now, still looks great, has held up excellent even with the heavy loads stored inside it. I don't have any pictures of it handy, I'll try and remember to get one for you tonight. Very happy with the building overall. Buying and delivery were painless. It is a Graceland building, 72" barn doors, a walk thru door, and one window. I think I paid right around $3K for it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm looking at one as well. I've thought about building one too. I built my 30x40 shop but it took me forever. I can't cut a board straight to save my life. I live in MO and we have personal propert taxes. I found out that as long as the little building is on skids, it is considered portable and not taxes are due.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No permit required here if its under 120sq ft and it isnt permanent.

I could easily build one, im more than capable of that and i have all the saws and other tools needed to do it.
But i doooo notttt have the extra time to do that.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I bought one about 3 years back. 16x10 two windows and a double door. Upgraded floor to 3/4” and 12” spacing for joists as I knew I’d store atv and mower and snowblower etc in there. Vinyl siding to match the house and dimensional shingles for same. Amish built in pa I think it was. Delivered and maneuvered into place with a cool trailer thing with hydraulics. Was about $5,300 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
185 Posts
16' x 12' base.
Front wall 10', rear 12'.
1 8'wide door, 1 6'wide door.
Designed to my specs so no city permit required (just under 200sq.").
Built and installed by "Tuff Shed" with warranty. $6200.
In retrospect, I would switch the door locations, otherwise, perfect for our needs. Planning on adding a 12' overhanging roof off the tall side for extra coverage.
IMG_0808.jpg IMG_0807.jpg IMG_0809.jpg IMG_0812.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts