Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Dale,
I bought one of your clutch kits for my Rzr XP41k and when I bought it I had you set it up for a stock machine to run at Glamis with stock knobbie tires.

Since then I have added a set of sand tires. I am running Sand Tires Unlimited Blaster 28"s with a full set of the #1 paddles. There are 14 paddles total with each at 7/8" high.

With the set up you sent me I was hitting the rev limiter with the paddles on. I never ran it with stock tires and your clutch kit so I dont know if it would hit the limiter or not with stock tires.

I did however run it in the dunes with stock tires and the stock clutch and never hit the rev limiter.

I called once and asked how I should change the weight set up to keep it off the limiter and you asked me to add 1 small washer to the middles and tips for a total of the following;

Base: 2 thick and 2 thin
Mid: 2 thin
Tips: 2 thin

My question is since I am still hitting the limiter how should I change the weights? Or something else? And what would be my 2nd and 3rd change if the initial doesn't fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Randy
760.908.7420 uploadfromtaptalk1393889078895.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, I blew a belt with the set up above with four adults running the dunes mid to high throttle with air temps in the low 60s. Total weight of passengers was abt 750 lbs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My belt housing exhaust temp was never above 180 degrees F.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts