Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off, I'm running 2015 bandit trail series shocks. Well after 4k miles of abuse and reliable fun, my front right shock decided it was time to lose seal. There was a good helping of shock oil on my A-arms and the shock itself. I pulled it off and gave it a bit of a shake, and could feel the sloshing inside the housing. So, I get the pleasure of installing a new seal kit. I also saw that Bandit recommends changing the shock oil every 3500 miles (oops passed that). Having never done this, I'm debating on doing it all myself or taking it into a shop. Anyone have experience with this? Is it necessary to do a seal kit on all the shocks when changing the oil?

·
Super Moderator
7,713 Posts
I'd do the shop route for, say, two of them, and request to watch the process. Rebuilding takes some specialized tools, oil change probably not so much.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
824 Posts
I had to change the seal head on my Elka stage 5 last year. I had to go to a hydraulic shop to get the nut loose because I didnt have one that big. They didnt charge me anything. I saved the old oil and reused it and in fact I didnt even add any because I only lost a tiny ammount. The shock works just fine and no more leaks.
Try and put a new seal in yourself and if you have trouble just send it away. Not sure why the oil needs to be replaced. If you find the oil is very contaminated with metal then a full service is in order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts