Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've tried to get my eyes all over the intake boots and they're buried in there pretty good. Is there a how to in checking these boots for no cracks, or is the only real way to check them by disassembling the intake tract? Thank you.

Yes you will have to remove the the air filter housing, but it's not a big deal.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I have a vague recollection of reading where someone sprayed ether or starter fluid around the area of the boots, while the engine is running, to determine if there was a leak. Or did I dream this also?

Steve

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have a vague recollection of reading where someone sprayed ether or starter fluid around the area of the boots, while the engine is running, to determine if there was a leak. Or did I dream this also?

Steve
That would work, RPMs would rise if there is a leak.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Re: Oil Change, & Gear oil maintenance on '13 XP900

There is no fuel filter. Just on the fuel pump in the tank.

I would also pull the belt cover and check belt/clutches blow the dust out of them with some air.

And I would change front diff fluid and rear diff/trans fluid clean the drain plug magnets

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I did all these suggestions and glad I did. Ended up with new front diff gear oil all over the place when refilling, the capacity is so little and I poured toooo much in the funnel.

I was able to pull the belt cover completely off without removing the shock mount. There is one specific spot and way you can get the cover completely off and it makes the job easier than having the cover in the way. When I did blow out the clutches and belt housing, a lot of grey-ish dust went flying. I would guess that to be the norm for a used 900 XP? (no chunks or belt pieces whatsoever). Belt looked good, like the new one I have in the package which was surprising.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts