Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is directed to those of you that have sold your rzr's to buy an xp.
First I have already found my replacement machine a 2012 xp900 voodoo Blue. Calling dealership tomorrow to finalize the deal and planning to pick it up saturday :) So now while the work week passes I have to decide the best approach to selling my 2011S.
I have a ton of stuff on the S and thinking the best approach will be to move over the things I want to keep to the xp. Doors ,stereo, Lightbar etc etc.
I built really good bumpers and since they wont go on the xp anyway? I guess those will stay. Switchpanel and Carling switches will have to stay so I dont leave a big hole in the dash but I could just make a block off plate . So question is when you sold yours did you leave all your stuff on or strip it back to stock so the price would seem lower to potential buyers? did you offer to sell with options on or off. Meaning give the buyer a choice of what they wanted to keep? I'm thinking the fastest way to sell is strip it back to as close to stock as possible and then offer up leftover parts that I cant/wont be using on the xp to the members here.
What did you do when you sold?
NADA says my Standard S books at 10,500. But I'm thinking more like 10,000?
Seeing as everything that normally goes wrong has been upgraded to new/better than stock. Bumpers will stay. Maybe leave the seats and harnesses and go for a few more dollars?
Anybody that has sold a Standard 2011S around TX,La. area what did you end up selling for? I'm paying cash for the xp so I'm not in a bind to sell the S so I won't have a problem telling lowballers to take a hike. Sooner I sell it though the quicker I get to upgrade the xp with more goodies and keep the Mrs happy too but getting the xp was her suggestion that I argued with for a long long time ...at least 3-5 seconds LOL. so I would appreciate any thoughts and or ideas. Also anyone in the market for a good solid used 2011 S give me a shout.
I could also arrange delivery along the route from Houston To Western Ky( Going to drop in to see my grandkids while I'm in the area.Anything within reason as long as I can get back home by monday. Leaving Houston on Friday morning.
So suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Man Bruce wish I would have known this sooner
I just bought a 2010 s on Friday 610 miles and 45 hours bone stock a good deal it was up in Kansas at my dealer
But would have like to have had yours

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'm in the exact same boat, winch, wheels tires, top, windshield ,doors, roll cage, mirrors steering wheel, harnesses , lights and gauges and on and on... then all the things that won't transfer full skids lock in ride box very high dollar suspention , I think I'm just going to offer mine both ways with everything or with things removed.

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man Bruce wish I would have known this sooner
I just bought a 2010 s on Friday 610 miles and 45 hours bone stock a good deal it was up in Kansas at my dealer
But would have like to have had yours
You get it for you or Sara?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I transfered everything I could onto my new machine and sold the parts that wouldnt fit on Craigslist in less than a week.

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
Bruce,

I left everything on my S. I didnt want the new seller to think that i robbed it all over there and left holes, etc. I also didnt want to run the risk of stripping something out taking out dirt covered bolts. I also didnt want used parts on a new machine. Unless its something you defintely love and is really unique i would leave it on there to begin with. Just my 2 cents. Sold my 2010 S, as you saw it for $9900

·
Registered
488 Posts
Id put it back to stock and reuse everything you can/want. I had my 2010s down to $9000 with some basic upgrades and had no interest in it (50hr/500mi) ended up trading it in with it back to stock for 8k but sold what couldnt be used on the XP and saved about $600 on taxes on the new one so i looked at it as getting close to what i was trying to sell it for. Plus i got to drop it off and pickup my new on and be done with it all which was priceless in my eyes :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm in the same boat right now, trying to deecide if I should take power commander and autotune out, full pro armo skid package with rock sliders, walker eevans shocks.

I'm only looking to get $11,500 for my 2011 S but haven't had any bites.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
Election year blues. Everybody's waiting to see if the world really will essplode when we put dufus in office for another 4 years.

·
Mad Scientist
1,247 Posts
i just kept mine..

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
I left everything on my S when I sold it. One mistake I did make was I forgot to change out the OMF Beadlocks "as I had intended to do" and when the guys wife heard me say that I would drop the price a couple hundred and put a new set of Factory Crushers and Bighorns back on it, she axed that. Said she liked the Pretty Red Beadlocks!! So take off what you want and don't let em see it!! LOL

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Bruce, I have as you know have sold three machines in less than three years & havent lost a dime either...I would pull off what you want to keep & sell the RZR. most parts will fit the new XP & you will never get back what you put into them accesories. Craiglisted two of mine & sold them in less than a week too.

PS. This is a very well maintained RZR never kid driven. never been swimming & barley seen any mud. what ever he sells it for will be a great deal too!!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Can't really see letting go of something I have put two years of money and love into.

Will be in the market for a new machine in the future, but it will be an addition, not a replacement.

·
Mad Scientist
1,247 Posts
exactly!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I'm on my 4th rzr now. (Crap that's hard to believe). Anyways, I've always found it to be better to pull off what I could to get it back to as close to stock as I could. In all cases I left the winch on in the ad, then when they wanted to start to negotiated the price, I'd offer to swap the winch out and lower it. Truthfully though, I just didn't want to pull it cause it's a big pain in the arse. In all cases I was able to sell the vehicle and the accessories on craigslist in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Put a deposit on the 2012 Voodoo Blue today ! Picking it up this weekend. Friend is coming tomorrow to look at the S. I priced it to him both ways. If he doesnt take it. I'm gonna put it back to as close to stock as I can. I plan to take off the plastic and give it a thourough cleaning and inspection. Change all the fluids again even though they were just changed before the Taylor park ride. This has been a very dependable machine for me with only the minor issues they all have. I really hadnt planned on getting rid of it as I finally had it equiped like I wanted but seeing as the wife is the one who suggested we get the xp how could I dissappoint her lol. Got a smokin deal on the Voodoo and half the fun is tinkering with them . Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Bruce, my brother paid like $10.5K 5 months ago for a loaded 09 S with just 340 miles on it. It was as legit as they get. The guy was a tech for a communications company, and he was never home to ride it. It was like brand new. A clean and well maintained RZ will bring top dollar. It just depends on how much time you have to pull off accessories and either reuse them or fiddle around with ebay, CL etc.
I know your machine is ready for the trails (minus the complete jack handle, lol)
I will keep my 09 RZR when I take the plunge for a new 2013. Just too many fond memories of riding with all of you guys to sell it!

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know what you mean Steve. My S has seen alot of good times. Its been an awsome machine for us. From Arkansas to Colorado and everywhere in between without ever letting us down.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts