Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
new here, never owned a RZR before. I'm coming from a Honda Pioneer and a Yamaha Wolverine R spec. I'm wanting something more sporty with cushy suspension. I'm 45 and not into the racing, the mud riding, hill climbing or anything like that. My gf and I enjoy scenic trails and road riding. I have a bad back and need something with a cushy comfortable ride mainly. I like the Xp1000 and the Turbo S Velocity. Can anyone help?

Also, I don't like adding additional money on performance upgrades other than a windshield, roof and a winch....I don't wanna spend more than $18,000

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
If you can manage the width of 72 inches on the trails you ride the Turbo S will be the most comfortable. If not the 64 inch XP is also very good. Anything else with less travel will be noticeably worse

·
Registered
60 Posts
Go ahead and get a 4 seater. Much better ride. Back seat for gear or buddies. Wish I had done it the first time. Buy once. Cry once.

·
5,822 Posts
Max H is right...but....If you're name says anything about your location (Hoosierdaddy), you're probably close to us and may need to keep the width down to 64" for the tight wooded areas around here. We're in Madison, Indiana...down on the river, and its all tight wooded trails and crazy hollers and hills. The XP is a little more maneuverable down here. That Turbo S Velocity is a beast, but its width makes it difficult in tighter trails. If you don't really care about high speeds...I'd go with the XP in this area and save a little money for upgrades.

·
Registered
473 Posts
[
Also, I don't like adding additional money on performance upgrades other than a windshield, roof and a winch....I don't wanna spend more than $18,000[/QUOTE]

The last time I checked a XP1000 could be bought for around $15,000 at Abernathy's in Tenn, not a long drive from Indiana. I bought my new Talon there.

https://www.abernathycycles.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts