Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please don't think by this post I am lambasting ripsaw tires. I'm not. I bought a set for the Taylor Park ride and needed something a little more substantial than the Razr 4-speeds I was running for harder surfaces and rocks. they worked great at Taylor Park. A little hard but I discovered that I was running 11-15 psi most of the week mostly I think because I took it from 2800 feet to 9000-plus feet and the tire prressure went skyward. I lowered them to 7 psi and they were better but stull harsh on sharp stuff. After coming back, the pressure went down to about 3-4 psi from the altitude change and they are as smooth as the old tires now. Lesson learned.
the thing I wanted to mention to anyone wanting to get them is they really suck in deep sand. I have paddles for that but I went to the river after returning from TP and the sand is really deep and powdery right now since its so dry and could barely hit 40 miles an hour. Everyone who saw it in the sand said it was throwing a roost toward the moon but wasn't going anywhere fast at all, just digging and sinking toward the bottom of the soft stuff.

Anyway, just a word to the wise. these are greaat tires in mud, rocks, hard pack and gravel. Just don't plan on impressing yourself in sand much.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Thats kinda funny...my tires were also @ 7 & 9 psi when I left hou,TX & when I checked them @ taylor Park,CO. Mine were also @ 15/18 psi & I thought the inlaw was messing with me...:rofl3::rofl3:...& I aired them back down & when I got back home they were @ 3 / 4 psi..:rofl3: What river bottom do you ride in up that way.. I look @ the Canadian every time I drive thru there & say to my self that looks like a fun day ride?

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
X2 on that. There's about 11 miles east and west of the bridge with trails, riverbed and lots of hills to ride on. You can go in search of stuckness if you want to the West about 30 miles but its strictly riverbed that far out and lots of red mud and quicksand. Its a good day's riding and lots of dry camping.
Then there's boobfest the last weekend in February. Bring lots of beads.
If you get bored, go to medik418 in youtube and there's some video in there about Rosita Flats on new year's last year with yours truly, Matt and Jake (txrzr4) and a buddy of mine with a canned ham riding. Shows some of the different trails there

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Anytime you want it will be cOld here in about a month or so but we can go give me a week or so notice and will hook up

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just put some RipSaws on. I agree you can run them with much lower air pressure as the sidewalls are much beefier than other tires (including BigHorns).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts