Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out with some ATV friends yesterday to a place in Taylorsville, NC called Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park. It was DRY and of course rocky since we were on a mountain. The worst noises that came from the rocks were mostly from the nerf bars, but I could hear plenty of skid plate action going on as well.

Can't wait to get to cleaning the RZR today and seeing what happened underneath the unit. All I can say is I am GLAD I decided to get the Factory UTV 3/8" skid plates, made me feel a whole lot better.

One thing that was very apparent, my wife and I both like the fast trails and loose turns but I also enjoyed some of the rocks and especially the down hill 'work' was fun. It was so dusty since we have not seen rain for 1.5 months, until last night, and it made it tough, we both wanted some mud but at the very least some slick thing mud would have made it more fun.

The other thing we noticed, our buddies on their ATVs sure did like taking a lot of breaks and were slap wore out at the end of the day. I could have kept on going.

Love the RZR!!!

--- John

·
Registered
839 Posts
Sounds like fun but we have lots of mud here and love it. Hope you get some rain.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am new to this site and have only had my RZR S a couple of months now. LOVE IT!!! I'm in Boone, NCRZR, Let me know if you want to go ride sometime.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boone, cool.. Where are you riding now?

WE GOT RAIN! Thank you!!!! Too bad I won't be riding again until later in October.

Got to look and see if anyone on here lives out in Eastern NC. Was looking to ride here
when I go on vacation this year, Cape Fear ATV Park.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
here in sacramento california its been in the 90's and going to be 100 mon and tue were is the wet cold stuff???

nice riding spot next time take some photos and post them up

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here in sacramento california its been in the 90's and going to be 100 mon and tue were is the wet cold stuff???

nice riding spot next time take some photos and post them up
Roger that. Been trying to figure out a good way to mount a still camera or maybe I'll have to get a solid state video camera, no way my MiniDV camera
will take the abuse while running tape.

A remote trigger would be good while riding as well!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have not been to Brushy in severel years. So they are allowing SXS's on all of there trails now??

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
NCRzr you may want to check out Lake Houser Atv Park. It is over near Boiling Springs, NC and is supposed to have a lot of trails. I have not made it over there yet with my RZR I broke my right ankle 3 weeks after buying it. It is supposed to have some good mud and some nice trails. I am planning on going over there as soon as my ankle heals. Maybe my wife and I could meet yall over there some time in the future.

Lake Houser Atv Park

H

·
0 Posts
Boone, cool.. Where are you riding now?

WE GOT RAIN! Thank you!!!! Too bad I won't be riding again until later in October.

Got to look and see if anyone on here lives out in Eastern NC. Was looking to ride here
when I go on vacation this year, Cape Fear ATV Park.
I live about an hour or so from Cape Fear....I've only been there once, plan to go back when I have more time to explore. Seemed to be quite a maze of trails..mainly flat and sandy, with a few open areas with some water. Its near the river and I imagine there is some mud to be found..,you can go right down to the river. When I went I didn't go looking for it..was just a nice lesurely ride with my 7 year old daughter. But there is bound to be some...I know a guy on a Dirt bike buried his stuff up to the tank when we wre there,but I didn't see where. Although it was alot drier that you see in the pics on the website when we went. We went on a weekday and it was us and 2 dirtbikes out there....that was it..like we had the place all to ourselves. Weekends are probably a different story.
If you are coming to Easter NC and you want mud you need to check out Busco Beach near Goldsboro...plenty of mud there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have not been to Brushy in severel years. So they are allowing SXS's on all of there trails now??

Thanks
Yes a good many of their trails are SxS friendly now. I had a few hair pin and switch back turns that I had to either go in Reverse or I just braked, let gravity drive me back a bit then then hit the go pedal!

It was fun, my wife seems to like Carolina Adventure World better, of course if we hit Brusy when it's wet it may be more fun. I thought it was fun, just being out riding. I really want to go up to WV and hit the Hatfield and McCoys trail system!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live about an hour or so from Cape Fear....I've only been there once, plan to go back when I have more time to explore. Seemed to be quite a maze of trails..mainly flat and sandy, with a few open areas with some water. Its near the river and I imagine there is some mud to be found..,you can go right down to the river.

We went on a weekday and it was us and 2 dirtbikes out there....that was it..like we had the place all to ourselves. Weekends are probably a different story.
If you are coming to Easter NC and you want mud you need to check out Busco Beach near Goldsboro...plenty of mud there.
I would go on a weekday, that sounds like a good place. I can deal with flat sand, anywhere we can go fast at times or slide the corners nicely :)

May be worth dragging the RZR down there 4.5 hours.. of course where we are staying it is 1.5 hours to get to Cafe Fear to ride. Was looking to see if there was anything near Brunswick County/Shallote/Supply NC to ride.

John

H

·
0 Posts
I live about an hour or so from Cape Fear....I've only been there once, plan to go back when I have more time to explore. Seemed to be quite a maze of trails..mainly flat and sandy, with a few open areas with some water. Its near the river and I imagine there is some mud to be found..,you can go right down to the river.

We went on a weekday and it was us and 2 dirtbikes out there....that was it..like we had the place all to ourselves. Weekends are probably a different story.
I would go on a weekday, that sounds like a good place. I can deal with flat sand, anywhere we can go fast at times or slide the corners nicely :)

May be worth dragging the RZR down there 4.5 hours.. of course where we are staying it is 1.5 hours to get to Cafe Fear to ride. Was looking to see if there was anything near Brunswick County/Shallote/Supply NC to ride.

John

Actually there is/was a place..never been there myself..it's called Bigwoods ATV Park..I think it is in that area..maybe a little south of there?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I saw that too. I found another place down toward the SC border, in Ash, NC.. I think it is a 4x4 area as well, not sure how much I'd like to run along with full size trucks.

H

·
0 Posts

John

As for the second part..yeah doing a little hotdogging shouldn't be an issue..I have a buddy who rides dirtbikes there and he rides all out.
Pretty much all the one lane trails are one-way...the 2 way trails are pretty wide and fairly striaght..as long as no one is violating the directional rules it should be a pretty safe place to do some fast riding. There is at least one nice long wide section where you could easily top a RZR out..the sand is pretty thick and can be rutted there so it can get instersting...
I didn't run too hard,like I said had the 7 year old with me.
There is also a couple of MX "tracks" in the open areas,jumps ect..don't recall seeing any signs prohibiting ATV/UTVs on them...the day I was there the dirtbikes were on them so we stayed off..
There are some MX only trails..but they are pretty obvious..narrow and marked.
There is a 50" trail in SC, Wambaw, where you can run pretty hard..40 miles worth or banked curves and whoops and even some good mud on the powerlines..but that would be even farther away and I've never taken a SxS there...although I have taken my Sportman 850 at about 51" wide and it was doable but pretty tight in places...there when you are on the trails themselves you have to ride hard and on the edge or the boys on the dirt bikes will run over you lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I noticed that just at Brushy, they were riding my arse hard. I mean I let them by me when I can pull over some, but I don't want to stop. I do need top find and install a rear view mirror, think I want the old mid-1980s panel rear view mirrors like I ran in my Camaro.. What was I thinking with that thing then! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
NCRZR I have riden once at brushy mountain, once at callalantee in Mt City TN and just got back from Hatfield and McCoys in WV. I may ride somewhere this weekend, not sure yet.

H

·
0 Posts
I noticed that just at Brushy, they were riding my arse hard. I mean I let them by me when I can pull over some, but I don't want to stop. I do need top find and install a rear view mirror, think I want the old mid-1980s panel rear view mirrors like I ran in my Camaro.. What was I thinking with that thing then! :)
:rofl3:

Yeah I can't imagine riding a public trail without a mirror after riding at Wambaw. I rode the rear on the ATV to keep anyone from plowing over my buddies 9 year old daughter on her dirtbike.
I have the Tusk...it's convex and good enough for me..they are like 13.99 at RM ATV...I'm sure one of the site vendors carries them as well..I just got mine from RM because it was free I had a $50 gift card deal.

·
Registered
162 Posts
hey if your in the charlotte area my friend and i just got 2012 razor s le's and are looking for people to ride with and places to go. Thought about hitting brushy this weekend. Let me know if your interested.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts