Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so I have read a ton of reviews, threads and information on aftermarket seats and quite honestly I'm still sitting here wondering................which ones?!?!?!?!?! LOL So, how about some new information and thoughts on seats???

I've got a new Turbo S coming and I'm just not a big fan of the stock seats, so I began the search of information for seats. After reading through a ton of threads, reviews and visiting different websites, all I can say is......OMG!!

I also live in an area where no dealer stocks any kind of aftermarket seats, so that really sucks !! How the heck does a guy pick a seat without ever even sitting in it!!! I'm average to above average build with being 6 foot and about 240, with broad shoulders and my wife.....well is exact opposite (thank God, LOL) and is 5'5" and 115, so yeah two completely different body types.

It seems the PRP seats and UTV Giant "apex" seats are pretty popular ??? I was kinda leaning towards the UTV Giant just because the price is hard to beat and the reviews have all been good??

So, any additional thoughts, advice or direction on seats, I'm all ears!

And recommendations on who to purchase from, if a guy would not do UTV Giants ???

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I was lucky and have a local UTV shop that stocks about 12 different seats to try out and sit in.. Sitting in them really changed how I felt about certain seats. The ones I thought I would like I didn't and ended up getting ones I thought I would hate but after sitting in them I was sold..

I went with Dragon Fire Racing "RT" seats. Ours is a 2019 XPT4. I hated the stock seats too!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was lucky and have a local UTV shop that stocks about 12 different seats to try out and sit in.. Sitting in them really changed how I felt about certain seats. The ones I thought I would like I didn't and ended up getting ones I thought I would hate but after sitting in them I was sold..

I went with Dragon Fire Racing "RT" seats. Ours is a 2019 XPT4. I hated the stock seats too!
Ohh yeah, those are nice seats too!!

I really wish someone close to me had some of these, so a guy could actually check them out!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody know of ANY dealers in North Dakota, Minnesota, South Dakota or Montana that would stock some aftermarket seats ??????

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been looking at these Hunter seats really close!

I see you went basically black on black with white stitching? Is the center backrest and center seat a different material like ostrich something? It looks like a different texture in the picture but it just might be the picture?

Did you notice it change your seating position at all??? Good or bad ?

Anything you don't like or really like ?

Big improvement over stock and worth it? My wife is already asking about these stock seats as she has sat in my brothers RZR and wasn't a fan. Honestly.....I'm not a fan either, hence all the questions!! LOL

Great looking seats for sure!!

I went with Hunter Safety Products,they are really comfortable,priced rite,and he will embroider anything in the headrest for you. View attachment 574634 View attachment 574636

Sent from my SM-G965U using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've been looking at these Hunter seats really close!

I see you went basically black on black with white stitching? Is the center backrest and center seat a different material like ostrich something? It looks like a different texture in the picture but it just might be the picture?

Did you notice it change your seating position at all??? Good or bad ?

Anything you don't like or really like ?

Big improvement over stock and worth it? My wife is already asking about these stock seats as she has sat in my brothers RZR and wasn't a fan. Honestly.....I'm not a fan either, hence all the questions!! LOL

Great looking seats for sure!!

I went with Hunter Safety Products,they are really comfortable,priced rite,and he will embroider anything in the headrest for you. View attachment 574634 View attachment 574636

They are very comfortable,seat raises u about 2" i believe,hopping over the sides while getting in takes some getting used to,but over all i love em!! This is my second set. Oh and yes the center is osterich,stitching is silver

·
Vendor
953 Posts
Hey OP, Feel free to check out our site and all the seats choices we have to offer.
https://www.prpseats.com/product-category/utv/utv-seats/rzr-2-seater/

Where are you located at? We can see if we have any of our dealers close by that might have some seats or displays in stock. The best advice I can give you about finding the right seat (without sitting in them) is to look at what type of riding your going to be doing, and how much containment you want.

Obviously our Comp UTV has a ton of containment to hold you in tight. Which is perfect if you're bouncing around during a race, but it can be a pain to get in and out of. Our XC and RS seats have low containment, low sides, and are easy to get out of. Perfect for trail riding. The GT3 and GTSE have medium containment, they hold you in well when things are rough, but still make it easy to get in and out. Which is why they are the most popular UTV seat on the market.

Hope some of that info helps, and let us know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the heads up!!

I'm actually located in central North Dakota and riding consists of trail riding. So medium to low containment as you call it would be about right.

Hey OP, Feel free to check out our site and all the seats choices we have to offer.

Where are you located at? We can see if we have any of our dealers close by that might have some seats or displays in stock. The best advice I can give you about finding the right seat (without sitting in them) is to look at what type of riding your going to be doing, and how much containment you want.

Obviously our Comp UTV has a ton of containment to hold you in tight. Which is perfect if you're bouncing around during a race, but it can be a pain to get in and out of. Our XC and RS seats have low containment, low sides, and are easy to get out of. Perfect for trail riding. The GT3 and GTSE have medium containment, they hold you in well when things are rough, but still make it easy to get in and out. Which is why they are the most popular UTV seat on the market.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I have some seats that are made by BS sand https://bssand.com/ They fit me well and I am a big guy. This is the second set I have had and they I like them a lot. I have previously had two different sets of PRP seats. I had the GT extra wide and the XC extra wide. I liked both of those seats as well. I like the BS sand seats because the bottom cushion is removable for cleaning and you can release the seat with your hand through a hole in the bottom back of the seat base. If you ever have one of the pull strap seat releases come off the PRP seats you are going to have a great time getting it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have some seats that are made by BS sand https://bssand.com/ They fit me well and I am a big guy. This is the second set I have had and they I like them a lot. I have previously had two different sets of PRP seats. I had the GT extra wide and the XC extra wide. I liked both of those seats as well. I like the BS sand seats because the bottom cushion is removable for cleaning and you can release the seat with your hand through a hole in the bottom back of the seat base. If you ever have one of the pull strap seat releases come off the PRP seats you are going to have a great time getting it out.
Those are nice !!

I've wondered about that seat release system on a few seats, so its nice to hear some real feedback!!

Does BS Seats give any forum discount or is there dealer here on the forum to talk to?

·
Vendor
953 Posts
Yeah I don't think we have anyone in the immediate area that's going to have displays.

XC and RS would probably work best for that then. XC has small bolsters on the side that provide some containment, and are cut at the hips to allows you to run your harnesses or even the stock 3pt seat belt. Also available in Extra Wide.

RS is even flatter and has a bowl shape at the hips, that flattens out as it goes forward in the seat. Allows you to stretch your legs out to the side a little more. Its a great for big guys in an General or RS1 (that cannot fit an XW seat) because the RS 'feels' like an extra wide seat, even though its only standard width.

There's a ton of members on here who run our seats, so I'm sure some of them can also to give you their 2 cents on each.

Thanks for the heads up!!

I'm actually located in central North Dakota and riding consists of trail riding. So medium to low containment as you call it would be about right.

·
Registered
109 Posts
After sitting at a bunch at an off-road expo, I ended up going with Simpson. I went in pretty sure that I was going to go with PRP, based off everything I had read and because I already had the PRP harnesses. In the end, I just really liked the feel and style of the Simpsons. It didn't hurt that the guy gave me a great deal since it was the last day of the show and they were about to close.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I sat in a every brand of seats that were at the off road expo. I had decided that Simpson Pro Sport seats were going to be my next seats. I liked them more than any other seat I sat in. No one had any in stock and it was a 3+ week wait for them. I then went to Brick City Fab and sat in the Simpson Vortex wide base seats they have in their shop car. Those are very nice and cheaper than the Pro Sports. Again no one had any and the wait was 3 or more weeks. I basically ended up with the BS sand seats because my local dealer gave me a killer deal on a pair of them. I had them before and really liked them also and just couldn't justify paying a lot more money for the Simpsons and having to wait forever for them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts