Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Seating for C5 Quad

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Qaud 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Ordered a RZR XP 4 900 LE today for my son just wondering what type of seating is best ? any advice would be greately appreciated.

Regards

Bob & Robbie

#4 ·
Hi Bob & Robbie,

I can comment on this as I'm a C5. It's a lot of money to invest so my comments might get long. I rode with the original RZR S seats and a 5 point Y harness with hole through the headrest and Gate Belt around my legs. The Y harness added some lateral support and tons more stability but did put strain on the neck. I knew there was better. I did order up some Vortex 4.0's from Steve at Benchmark Performance. Long story shorter I actually sold the original set and spoke with Leo at Twisted and needed to get 2" wider cuz the hip bolsters were too narrow, pushed me out and would have created too much pressure on the outer hips. Gate Belts is not needed to hold legs together and bottom is awesome. The 2" wider resulted in less lateral support than the normal vortex width. If the sub strap came through the seat I think it would be better because after some bigger hits you slowly slip out. Also I am still looking for the lateral support I need to ride the way I want.

Would I do it again? Yes but would get the single hole in the headrest as the Y harness can hug the neck more for support and ask about anything Twisted can do to form the back to give more lateral support. But it's much better than stock setup I was using. I'm currently I'm in a 19" wheelchair seat so for skinner bottom the normal width Vortex 4.0 seat would be much better.

Also Benchmark Performance and Twisted are awesome to work with!

Any pics of my setup just PM me ad I'd be glad to supply them.

Darrin

#5 ·
Thanks Darrin

Do they post to Australia? We are looking at all sorts of seating options we don't have they same selection you guys have in the states or the neat pricing, we have been looking at seats with the centre point of the harness coming through the seat i think with a bit of padding/cushioning that configuration of seat would be the go.

Regards

Bob & Robbie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.