Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the reasons we bougth our RZR is so we can load it up with a bunch of camping gear and take off into the backcountry. One camping item that takes up a good bit of space is a couple of chairs. Given how easy it is to remove the stock seats...it has me wondering how best to use them for chairs at camp. On the stock seat base they are too top/back heavy and tip over. Not to mention that they are a bit low. I'm wondering...is there any kind of compact folding base that engages to the factory latching features and lets them be used as chairs?? Sure would be nice to have a couple less things to pack.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
One of the reasons we bougth our RZR is so we can load it up with a bunch of camping gear and take off into the backcountry. One camping item that takes up a good bit of space is a couple of chairs. Given how easy it is to remove the stock seats...it has me wondering how best to use them for chairs at camp. On the stock seat base they are too top/back heavy and tip over. Not to mention that they are a bit low. I'm wondering...is there any kind of compact folding base that engages to the factory latching features and lets them be used as chairs?? Sure would be nice to have a couple less things to pack.
Sounds like a good incentive for product development, if anyone is interested........

Cheers

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was thinking along those lines. If someone doesn't make one, I might have to fire up Solidworks one of these nights.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
When I stop for lunch on the trail I just lean mine against a tire...but I don't think I would want my Rzr parked next to a campfire :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
It's funny you should ask. After a recent trip I was thinking about exactly this and have been working on a design. My plan is to have a fold-up base that won't take up much space but stays sturdy and durable in use.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you looking to build and market it? I'd be interested. It's usually cheaper to buy than to develop and build.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
IdahoRenegade,

pppffffttt...solidworks...I've been using Inventor for four years since moving up from AutoCAD!!!! LOL!!!!

Might be an interesting project.

But another thought is to fab brackets that can mount to the roof, utilize 4" PVC pipe...and collapsable camp chairs fit in....

Hmmmmm......

Pirate

·
Registered
572 Posts
Are you looking to build and market it? I'd be interested. It's usually cheaper to buy than to develop and build.
I hadn't thought that far ahead. I was mainly concerned about my own use, but if it's something others might be interested in then it could definitely be brought to market. I'm working through a couple designs right now, I'll let you know when I've got something solid.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Those are the exact stools that my son and I took along on our trip. They are small and lightweight, but when you really want to just lean back and relax they leave something to be desired.[/QUOTE]

I saw a guy with them and sort of wondered about how they would last.
I was just letting the OP know there are some lightweight,easy hauling options.
Thank you for the response and actual feedback.:)
I would never steer someone wrong intentionally.

Doug

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have one of the Alite Mantis chairs for camping off the motorcycle. Packs small, but not all that comfortable. RZR seat is more comfortable!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
484 Posts
Whenever we stop on the trail for lunch I pull my seats out and lean them against rocks, stumps, logs, trees or whatever is handy. As far as height, they are down low enough it lets you stretch your legs out straight. Almost as good as the recliner.:rofl3:

·
Official Parts Breaker
4,821 Posts
Buy a commander their seat is designed to be a chair when it is removed.

That's funny you say that...

When I sold my Commander and converted my extra Commander seats to my rzr, I made a bracket to fit my setup.

I think it would have worked but the problem is, it would have been an item I had to carry with me.

So in the trash it went.

Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts