Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for seat lowering bases right now because I'm try to decide if I'm going to get a 6" chopped cage or an 8" chopped cage. If I get the 8" it will be too short for stock height seats. Most of the lowering bases are claiming at least 2" of drop so that would counter the lower cage height.

What bases are you guys running and what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Longhorn fabrications lower and recline. Takes pressure off spine. Rzr 800 2 seater hits bar setting seat back but still enough for me.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Longhorn fabrications lower and recline. Takes pressure off spine. Rzr 800 2 seater hits bar setting seat back but still enough for me.
Those are actually one of the sets that really interest me. Does it feel or really measure a full 2" lower?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I run one rzr 1000 seat with lower recline and one pro armor seat for me. Couldn't pass up new seat.
Not harnessed in good helmet has hit cage and ssv works stereo.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Keeping stock seats?

heard most aftermarket seats will be taller and you'll be back close to stock seat height.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont understand how it lowers the seat back 2"+ but only lowers the base 3/4" ......

How much lower is my head gonna be is all I give af about. I really want the look of the 8" chop but can't risk putting that kind of $$$ into something that my head is gonna bounce off of.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Call and ask, the owner is extremely helpful, RR is by far one of the best aftermarket companies out there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use L&W fab seat bases and I love them! Makes the RZR much more comforable drops it down and reclines it a little bit. Its the perfect seating position between the RZR being too upright and the X3 being to reclined.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The lowering bases are great with stock seats but I thought they were horrible with the PRP seats.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
The lowering bases from Longhorn Fab are by far the best ones I have personally used. The Longhorn fab bases used in conjunction with seats from Hunter Safety Products lowered my seats around 4". The seats sat so low I couldn't see over the cross bar on my cage and I am 6"1" tall. I eventually ended up going back to the BS sand seats as the HSP seats just sat too low. I love the Longhorn fab lowering bases but installing and removing the seats becomes a bit more difficult. I have to drive with my seats all the way back as far as they will go. To remove or install the seats I have to adjust them forward or they will not release or snap down on the seat pegs. It is a small annoyance but still an annoyance.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The lowering bases from Longhorn Fab are by far the best ones I have personally used. The Longhorn fab bases used in conjunction with seats from Hunter Safety Products lowered my seats around 4". The seats sat so low I couldn't see over the cross bar on my cage and I am 6"1" tall. I eventually ended up going back to the BS sand seats as the HSP seats just sat too low. I love the Longhorn fab lowering bases but installing and removing the seats becomes a bit more difficult. I have to drive with my seats all the way back as far as they will go. To remove or install the seats I have to adjust them forward or they will not release or snap down on the seat pegs. It is a small annoyance but still an annoyance.
Excellent, the longhorns are the ones I've been leaning twords. I didn't think they were adjustable though? Are you leaving them just loose enough to slide around?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I dont understand how it lowers the seat back 2"+ but only lowers the base 3/4" ......

How much lower is my head gonna be is all I give af about. I really want the look of the 8" chop but can't risk putting that kind of $$$ into something that my head is gonna bounce off of.
Angles

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Those bases not only lower the rear of the seat they also tilt it back several degrees which gives you the decrease in height. I personally would not chop a cage 8" unless you and your passengers are very short people. The difference in looks between 6-8 inch chop you won't even be able to tell. I only went with a 4" chop on my cage as I wear a pumper helmet with a top air connection.

·
Registered
497 Posts
How tall are you? Are you planning on any riders than you? I did a 4" and I couldn't imagine shorter unless I'm a low 5' guy.

It's your machine but I'd consider your passengers if you aren't a tall person.

They look damn cool but practicality matters.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm 6'1" with the stock seats and bases I have right at 8" from the top of my head to the bottom of the stock roof. No helmets worn here at all. Im doing a 6" chop at the very least. If I get a seat lowering base that drops me 2" im at the same spot with an 8" chop that id be at with stock seat bases and a 6" chop.

I messaged longhorn this morning and got a guarantee that my head would be 2" lower with their bases. I can visually tell a good difference between the looks on a 6 an 8" chop cage. Everyone I look at on the net that I really like I come to find out that its between 7 and 8" of chop.

I am a little worried still but feel good with my math. That is if 2" of head clearance is enough.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The recline lowering base also took pressure off my lumbar allowing me to ride 6-10 hours vs 1-3 on stock seat. With aftermarket seats some recline is added and my proarmor seat can only be adjusted 1/2 its normal fore aft range. The seat back at the helmet level , I wish the helmet area was cut out about 2 inches to stop the pressure on c4 c5 c6 burst discs.
I still hit my head occasionally On stereo and cage . Even harnessed in, a bit loose and bam. I think i would want 4 inch clearance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts