Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of us have received the screen protector for the ride command. Has anyone come across a protector for the gauge cluster? Mine has a few scratches and would like to stop getting more scratches.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
I had my local detail shop make me a template and cut a piece of XPEL protective film.

Reactions: Jukehz

·
Registered
2019 RZR 900 S
14 Posts
I'm sure most of us have received the screen protector for the ride command. Has anyone come across a protector for the gauge cluster? Mine has a few scratches and would like to stop getting more scratches.
I’m not sure if someone sells one. But I have a couple screen protectors for an iPad that I used on the dash in my truck I just cut it to size and good to go. Not sure how flexible it is for the gauges but I have an extra in the truck maybe I’ll go test it in a min and give you feed back.

·
Registered
2021 XP Turbo S Velocity
348 Posts
I've got a 2021 Turbo S Velocity ordered and am currently waiting on my dealership to receive it from the factory.

One of my good friends has a '19 Turbo S and his gauge cluster clear lens is horribly scratched and was one of the first things that I noticed when driving his machine a couple of months ago.

I went ahead and ordered some Scotchgard Clear Paint Protection Film. This is the same type of clear film you can have added to your vehicle to help protect the paint from bugs/scratches/etc... I did also measure his gauge cluster and it's roughly 4.5" tall x 9.5" wide so that's why I went with the 6" wide clear film to be able to trim to size.

I figure if it's strong enough to survive on a daily driver in the elements and carwashes it ought to work just fine on the gauge cluster and hold up to indirect spray from a pressure washer when cleaning up.

Note - there are several videos on YouTube that explain how to install it, but it seems pretty straightforward. This video recommends using a mix of distilled water, Johnson's baby soap, and isopropyl 70% alcohol (70% rubbing alcohol) as the spray solution to help get everything in place.

I plan to make a video for my YouTube channel after I install it to show exactly what I end up doing, but am still waiting on one minor detail....the RZR. 🙃

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I’ll be watching this thread. This is something I have been thinking about too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the sound of this, it could also be a possibility for the headlights on my 2020 XP Turbo.....

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
2021 XP Turbo S Velocity
348 Posts
I've got a 2021 Turbo S Velocity ordered and am currently waiting on my dealership to receive it from the factory.

One of my good friends has a '19 Turbo S and his gauge cluster clear lens is horribly scratched and was one of the first things that I noticed when driving his machine a couple of months ago.

I went ahead and ordered some Scotchgard Clear Paint Protection Film. This is the same type of clear film you can have added to your vehicle to help protect the paint from bugs/scratches/etc... I did also measure his gauge cluster and it's roughly 4.5" tall x 9.5" wide so that's why I went with the 6" wide clear film to be able to trim to size.

I figure if it's strong enough to survive on a daily driver in the elements and carwashes it ought to work just fine on the gauge cluster and hold up to indirect spray from a pressure washer when cleaning up.

Note - there are several videos on YouTube that explain how to install it, but it seems pretty straightforward. This video recommends using a mix of distilled water, Johnson's baby soap, and isopropyl 70% alcohol (70% rubbing alcohol) as the spray solution to help get everything in place.

I plan to make a video for my YouTube channel after I install it to show exactly what I end up doing, but am still waiting on one minor detail....the RZR. 🙃
Following up on this....I got my machine earlier this month and have been making it mine. The final piece of the puzzle (the cage) is getting picked up tomorrow so I should start editing and uploading videos for YouTube in the next couple of weeks.

I did end up applying the clear paint protection film to my gauge cluster and it works perfectly. Install was VERY simple and took 20-30 minutes including removal from the dash. I did leave some excess over the edges and trimmed it off with a utility knife. The solution mentioned in my post above is what I used and I did use it liberally. Nothing special to report about that.

I've included a picture that's, technically, a screenshot from some of the footage I took from the installation. You can see I left some extra overlap and just trimmed it with a utility knife.

Gauge Cluster Clear Vinyl Protection.jpg

·
Registered
462 Posts
Following up on this....I got my machine earlier this month and have been making it mine. The final piece of the puzzle (the cage) is getting picked up tomorrow so I should start editing and uploading videos for YouTube in the next couple of weeks.

I did end up applying the clear paint protection film to my gauge cluster and it works perfectly. Install was VERY simple and took 20-30 minutes including removal from the dash. I did leave some excess over the edges and trimmed it off with a utility knife. The solution mentioned in my post above is what I used and I did use it liberally. Nothing special to report about that.

I've included a picture that's, technically, a screenshot from some of the footage I took from the installation. You can see I left some extra overlap and just trimmed it with a utility knife.

View attachment 663755
Wow - I really like your idea but does the gauge cluster HAVE to come out?

·
Registered
21 Turbo S Stock
17 Posts

View attachment 663755
Did you ever end up loading any videos?

·
Premium Member
480 Posts

View attachment 663755
This is what I had done to mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts