Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
A bus roof is fairly easy to lift higher if needed. Basically just cut the roof above the windows. Build a horizontal ladder and add it to the top of the windows and plop the roof back down. Cover with sheet metal and build a new rear door/wall. Easier said than done but it really is a straight forward job.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
How’s this thing coming along ?
18TRE , coming along good, daughter & I went up to Saint Helens Michigan over the weekend. Generator is hung & hooked up, shore power plug wired in to generator switch gear. Fresh , grey ,& black water tanks with dump valve & hose storage installed. Toilet , hot water & kitchen sink with demand pump & hose fitting. Hitch installed & wired. Got to get some curtains sewn up.
The bus got a lot of attention on the trail. Sketchy in loose sand, ground speed is a must.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A bus roof is fairly easy to lift higher if needed. Basically just cut the roof above the windows. Build a horizontal ladder and add it to the top of the windows and plop the roof back down. Cover with sheet metal and build a new rear door/wall. Easier said than done but it really is a straight forward job.
MOUNTAIN MICKEY, Yeah , I have seen some roof raised busses, a lot of work for what its worth, I chopped a couple inches out of the cage height on the machine. Done deal in an evening . If I keep the bus drive able, I am less likely to loose interest in it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
18TRE , coming along good, daughter & I went up to Saint Helens Michigan over the weekend. Generator is hung & hooked up, shore power plug wired in to generator switch gear. Fresh , grey ,& black water tanks with dump valve & hose storage installed. Toilet , hot water & kitchen sink with demand pump & hose fitting. Hitch installed & wired. Got to get some curtains sewn up.
The bus got a lot of attention on the trail. Sketchy in loose sand, ground speed is a must.
Wow, that’s awesome man. A friend of mine is about to undertake his own bus project and is planning on putting 2 maverick rr in it. Definitely a cool toy hauler !

·
Registered
109 Posts
MOUNTAIN MICKEY, Yeah , I have seen some roof raised busses, a lot of work for what its worth, I chopped a couple inches out of the cage height on the machine. Done deal in an evening . If I keep the bus drive able, I am less likely to loose interest in it.
just out of curiosity how do you have it insured ?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts