Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to give props to Schmidty Racing. I have never rebuilt shocks before, but they got me the parts i ordered quickly, within 2 days, and spoke with me on the phone when I needed a little technical advice. Very good vendor in my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
It isn't that hard to rebuild your own shocks. The only special tool I had to get from them was the Shock Shaft Seal bullet ($30). I'd attach the directions I found, but apparently the site won't let me because the file is a little too bit. :sad:sad

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thinking about rebuilding my Fox shocks. How did you remove and then reseat the IFP? The Rzr service manual talks about a special Fox IFP tool and vids for other brands show one as well. I'm not sure if it's needed or not.

Agreed that Schmidty racing is awesome. I purchased their nitrogen schrader caps and shipping was very fast and the product is quality. Now to install....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don't need a special IFP tool. You can use a set of long needle nosed pliers, or even a set or small regular pliers to reach it and move it up and down. According to Schmidty for my shocks (Fox Podium 1 1/2"), I set the front IFP 3/8" up from full bottom, and the rears 1/2" up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thinking about rebuilding my Fox shocks. How did you remove and then reseat the IFP? The Rzr service manual talks about a special Fox IFP tool and vids for other brands show one as well. I'm not sure if it's needed or not.

Agreed that Schmidty racing is awesome. I purchased their nitrogen schrader caps and shipping was very fast and the product is quality. Now to install....
We designed a built a specific tool for removing/reinstalling and bleeding the IFP piston. We have it on the website under shock tools. It is designed to lock onto the pullout feature without damaging it, and has bleed ports, so you can properly bleed and set piston height. The handle is also extendable to work on larger shocks with longer reservoirs.. Works on shocks down to 1.5, all the way up to 3.0 IBP ones on Turbo models. IFP piston pullout/install/bleed tool

1 - 6 of 6 Posts