1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cummins+RZR=<3
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
509 Posts
It is real it is a chinese made turbo it is not a Garrett. I would be curious to know what type bearings they have.

Mike

·
Cummins+RZR=<3
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that makes a little more sense then. I am into diesel performance also and understand the dangers of using a turbo manufactured from poor quality materials and bearings but that's on something pushing 60psi+ usually. With one only running 8psi I would imagine it would be considerably more stable though (not that I would risk it on my rzr).

Has anyone actually set up a system utilizing one of this fellows turbos?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Has to be a Chinese Turbo, essentially you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
919 Posts
What is the difference between a Chinese made turbo and a Honeywell turbo made in China or Mexico? Some of facilities I have visited in Asia produce the no name product right along side the name brand stuff..... makes you wonder whats real and whats Memorex. Its anyone's guess. I would error towards the side of China=crap

·
Cummins+RZR=<3
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree, I mean I never would bolt something like that up to any of my vehicles, but I was just wandering the validity of that auction. Sounds like its just some crapola parts.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
It's probably not a scam at all, just chinese junk. The Chinese go to extravagant lengths to emulate quality products and make cheaper versions in order to make a dime. Trouble is their metallurgy sucks. they make bearings ourt of pot metal, beer cans and anything else they can find. There are some truly remarkable chinese made items on the market that will rival anything made in the SU but generally they'll only rival it for a few minutes, then they self destruct. Go shopping at Harbor Freight. Don't get me wrong, I have a ton of H.F chinese tools but nothing that would require its survival to rely on sound metallurgy.

I sometimes think it might be fun to throw a couple hundred away to see how far you COULD push one of these things. (not )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts