Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the last time anyone on this Forum will see my RAZR looking like this, Over the next 2 weeks its going to undergo a complete overhaul/cleaning, I have thousands of dollars in parts to be installed and I hope to win "Ride of the Month" in a few Months... I hope you wish me luck...here are some before pics and the start of the tear down. (dont mind my sons RAZR170 in the way). Also the next pics will be better, my wife took the pictures with her iphone. But they are good "before" shots

This is what my Avatar loks like....

This is it outside (next to my sons while I prep the Garage for the Job...)

Here is a front side shot, Notice the ITP SS212's are not mounted yet, I put them on the rear "just as a fit test" but didnt want to get ahead of myself!!

Here is an angle so that you can see the dash/Column, The new one will be MUCH differant!

This is the first teardown Photo.. I am working on getting the equipment to build a new cage ( we shall see) also, I am VERY seriously considering moving the battery box and fuel tank to lower the seat (like Cheek did with his ride), I like the low profile..

If you have any tips or suggestions please let me know, I love ideas...
NOTE: if your running the "stock airbox/intake, I was SHOCKED to see how the "stock" set up was..."starved" isn't even an adequete word to desribe whatever that contraption Polaris came up with...Was the air supposed to be pulled through that 3/4 sponge type lining under that plastic dome looking triangular plastic cover?? I recommend to ANY owner to take your RAZR apart from the rear seats back and check out the design work. It took me 30 minutes and that was with all the proper power/air tools, But I learned more in that 30 minutes than I did Installing LT kits and other mods..It gives you a chance to really see what under the hood!

Wish me luck...I will post pics as it comes along! Cheers Mike

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
It's about time you got started on it. You must be excited

BTW you have more DeWalt than Home Depot

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah, The problem with getting started is getting ALL the parts!! even now Im waiting on stuff from Racer Tech, ITP, Kenda, Muzzy, and much more but the shipping and tracking says that it all should be arriving this week and next so its time for some fun!

As for the Dewalt Tools...Yeah I have a few of them, I do anything and everything so having every type of tool I can think of helps.. Thats only ONE wall, You should see the back wall, It has all the LARGE Dewalt tools..Sliding Miter, w/stand, Chop saw, Planer, ect... Plus more cases with heat guns, all the Cordless 18v line & 14V line... I just find them to be good tools and use the crap out of them! I labeled the boxes with stencils and paint to be able to tell them apart..I dont like just Piling them up..The oposite wall is all the Regualr tools hanging, Like wrenches, electrical, sockets ect... Thanks for the compliment though!

·
Registered
202 Posts
You are now the "Got dewalt?" guy. Now thats a wall of power!!

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts

Yeah, The problem with getting started is getting ALL the parts!! even now Im waiting on stuff from Racer Tech, ITP, Kenda, Muzzy, and much more but the shipping and tracking says that it all should be arriving this week and next so its time for some fun!
That's still a lot of stuff you are waiting on. That would suck

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

That's still a lot of stuff you are waiting on. That would suck
Yeah, thank goodness for tracking otherwise I wouldn't have started.. I'm probably going to pull the engine and strip the frame down to nothing and start from scratch... I really want to know this thing inside out!! + it's been mudded so much it's just plain nasty all over!! I can't believe it... + I have another idea that I'll spill in a few days if all works out!! My own little secret!

·
Registered
916 Posts
I don't think I have ever seen that many dewalt tools in one guys shop. X2 on more shop pics I need ideas for storing my stuff.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK so I jusy bought that "heck of a deal Fullbore kit in Black"...Now its sitting around taking up space...I bought a NEW one!! already painted and ready to go!!! You all would be pissed at the price I got this one for tooo!!
Soo we can start with the hood.... (you might have seen this before..I talked them into the sale!! I figured with all the powder coated red and black parts this color would suit better than black...just delayed me a little bit for shipping though....

Hood Pic and on to the rear fenders

So thats one of the secrets I was holding back...I wanted to make sure the seller would "go"though..and I would be able to get it..Its ironic that the Black Fullbore Kit is now laying around my shop taking up space..... This is going to be one hell of a build and I will have to change my avatar when its done...I also found the shop where I am going to be building my new roll cage and custom metal work!! This is going to be a huge deal...."for me", After years of living on life support..Im back to doing something..... I will keep you all posted.....anyone seen this body up close down south?? I think its coming from Marion Ohio (some custom Atv Dealer..???) but they are really nice people..

·
tinytimslaw2
377 Posts
Wow!!! I vote for Mike to get RZR of the month, this month, for his dewalt collection (it's not a secret amongst the more serious tool collectors, That Mike has one of the most sought after collections in the world), he should win next month just for the preview and a third month based on what I think it'll look like. "MIKE for President 2012 !!!!!" the man said bowing his head, to the ground, facing to the North.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You going to sell the Black FullBore?
You guys are carcking me up... Yes I'm going to sell the Black Fullbore Kit.... I have to talk with my local guys up here to see if anyone wants it.. If they do not... All I want is what I spent on it!! So when I do put it up for sale, You guys can figure out who wants/needs/ and/or gets it...I will break open the box and take pictures ect... right now Im just avoiding throwing it back on a freight liner.. Maybe I can seperate it into smaller boxes to go by UPS, but I will see...For now, Give me till friday, Then I will let you guys know! To me the Forum is more about Family and helping each other out... I dont intend to "profit" because I got lucky on this deal, and You'll Kill Me but I just got the new Plastics for $999.00, a whopping $100 over what I pulled off for the Black Fullbore kit!! Its the shipping that gets you though!! (as for how I pulled it off~ its one of those..If you dont ask?? again... ) I told ya'll that I scour the net for deals and if anyone needs help, I dont mind, I'm always on the look out... Cheers, Mike

Also I found a video of Cheeks ride broken down, I saw how he did the fuel tank (or should I say Fuel cell) thas a great Idea, Im looking into other ways also.. I plan on dropping the seats all the way to the new floor pan (easier on my metal implants and wire stimulators to have straiter legs) that I'm making so that the cage can be about 6-8 inches lower than aftermarket cages (not stock, those are more like mini shyscrapers). I will be posting pics of the build on this thread as I go..First off is clean up though... OMG there is dirt/mud in every crack and crevis + its baked onto the motor..Time to get the polisher out and also repaint the frame....!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have been looking forward to a build thread since you started posting about getting the fullbore kit. It should look killer when you are all finished up.

By the way, if you run across anymore killer deals on fullbore or any other custom painted bodies, shoot me a message.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts