Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Product Tester
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been saving for a turbo for some time. I'm putting my son through dental school so it has been slow going.

I don't need a big bad turbo, just a low boost application will work.

Some of the featuers I want are a good air filter system thats easy to service, an intercooler because I have seen many overheat without one. I also use my bed a lot so an under bed model is very appealing. I don't want really loud exhaust either.

Your opinions are welcomed, especially the "Low Boost" owners.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I dont run an intercooler with my setup....but I use E85.....it keeps things pretty cool...check out the link in my sig for more info!...I run 9psi with a completely stock motor and LOVE IT!...so far I have put about 200miles on the kit and it hasnt missed a beat!

·
Product Tester
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont run an intercooler with my setup....but I use E85.....it keeps things pretty cool...check out the link in my sig for more info!...I run 9psi with a completely stock motor and LOVE IT!...so far I have put about 200miles on the kit and it hasnt missed a beat!
I have followed your posts on this project. You did a nice job. I don't know of any E85 in this area so I think an intercooler is a good plan for me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Aerocharger looks well thought out.. I was looking at pro charger, but now am set on aerocharger Take a look on youtube they have install videos so you can see how it comes together.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I buy mine for my XP, It will not be anything from MCX. I like the looks of the siber, thats probably going to be my choice.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
K&T performance all the way. Great customer service and non of there kits have failed me so far. There just awesome to work with .:ride:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Silber turbos has a great kit. You can run pump/race gas or E85 and it s all pretty much bolt on. They include everything needed and have great customer service and its only $3800.00 dollars.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I can only share what I own which is the MCX.

Great customer service...like outstanding

Good product that works very well for me.

You need to upgrade air intake to a Donaldson so keep in mind that will cost you a few more $$. I think they come standard with a pod filter (uni). I did not use it...

Couple things Im not 100 percent on board with:

1) Intercooler piping run right over the spark plug areas, so if you have to change them its a PITA. I havent had to, but if I did Id have to deal with moving those IC pipes. Not terible but take some additional time to do a simple plug change.

2) If you want to remove the bed to work on the engine, which shouldn't be that often, you have to remove the I.C. piping because it runs through the front side. Im sure other setups with any kind of piping, intake or otherwise has the same issue.

3) Pretty loud. The older I get, the less I want to hear loud pipes. Its not rediculous but its got some bark. Im sure all turbo's do.

On a good note:

The air to air I.C. really works well in that spot. I dont have aa incoming/outgoing I.C. temp gauge but I can tell you with my hand it drops intake temp ALOT and thats its main purpose. I think it works really well in that spot actually.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
K&T.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Aerocharger looks well thought out.. I was looking at pro charger, but now am set on aerocharger Take a look on youtube they have install videos so you can see how it comes together.
I don't have mine yet, but I'm leaning here as well. The engineering looks great and everything hidden is a plus. Air to water, great filter, A/F gauge comes with the kit.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I am in the same boat as the rest of you and looking at my options. I ran an Aerocharger in the past on my 800 and absolutely loved it. I ran the water to air at 12 psi and it was a beast. I thought the XP 4 might be fast enough for me but I am really missing the boost. I should have the cash next month. Hmmm so many decisions. I love that their are more and more options. It is better for all of us.

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with any one of the top 3 , Mcx , Aerocharger, or K&T ,they all are great companies ,with super customer service , And they are all supporting vendors here .
who,s product did you go with frank?
on the turbo lady

·
Administrator
50,392 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with any one of the top 3 , Mcx , Aerocharger, or K&T ,they all are great companies ,with super customer service , And they are all supporting vendors here .
who,s product did you go with frank?
on the turbo lady
The Turbo lady had a MCX /Complete performance kit .

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
I wouldn't disregard the Silber kit, best bang for your buck Imo. Intercooler aren't always needed especially if the turbo is sized right. I have his kit on my pro rmk sled and it ran without hiccups last year and never ran into charge temp problems. And you load a motor on a sled a lot more than on a rzr xp.

The intercoolers under the bed are worthless unless they are air/water imo. His auto tune also makes it really nice.

·
Product Tester
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Waiting on Swingarm1's report from Glamis with the Silber kit.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
I like being able to plug in my laptop, run data logs, review the fueling, and make changes on my MCX kit. But once it is set, I never play with it. They all have pros and cons. Pick the one that has the features you like.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Call nate at alba he can help you with all of his knowledge! and he gives killer prices too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts