Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super ATV's website states that you must use 1" spacers if you are running the stock aluminum LE wheels (which I was planning on doing). Can anyone confirm or deny that? I really don't want to go wider than the +5 and I wasn't planning on buying new wheels and tires (yet). :wall:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I ran mine with them as I didn't read that and they have rubbed

·
Registered
893 Posts
The front side of the lower rear arms rubbed on my LE wheels when I first installed. I didn't notice until I washed it after my first 100 mile ride, oops. It wore a nice "clearance groove" in the wheel to the point where it wouldn't rub anymore. You could easily grind a little material off the front side of the rear lower arm and be totally fine. Just bolt up a wheel and without the shock, cycle the suspension and see where it hits. Grind a little at a time, checking the clearance throughout the cycle of the suspension, until it no longer rubs. You won't need to remove much material and it won't effect the structural integrity of the arm.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is only about 1/4" difference on the inside diameter between the stock steel and stock aluminum wheels. I really don't want to go any wider than 60, I was actually shopping for a 4" kit, but this was the best value.
I wonder if there will be the same issue with my paddles?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the front lower A arms on the S that much different than the standard RZR? If I don't have the offset, using the original ball joints and hubs, it seems to me that there should not be that big of a difference. I haven't started on this project yet, but want to be prepared for when I do.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Oh crap...
I bought the SATV +5 LT Kit and am in the process of installing it.
I have the rear installed and took it out for a very short ride and I didn't happen to notice any clearance issues.
I didn't order mine off the web site and they didn't mention it when I was on the phone with them.

I've got a pair of 1.5-inch spacers that I can put on it, however I too wasn't looking to get it any wider.

I'll have to take a look at it today. I was going out to work to put the front LT on. I'll check it out and let you guys know what I find.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After all the time that I spent on their website trying to figure out what kit would be best for me, I didn't notice the statement about the LE wheels until I went back to download the instructions from the web page. There it was, black and white, saying "read this dummy". I have 1.5" spacers as well, but don't want to use them. It may be grinder time. Let me know how it goes Chris.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
I just looked at the rear rims and there is some marks from the A-Arms on both sides hitting. Another member has informed me, and after looking at it, that the fix is to simply grind a 45 on that lower A-Arm. He said it didn't take him long and he used a dremel.
I'm going to install the front first and then go back and fix the rear a-arms.

·
Golden Sand Dunes
85 Posts
Oh crap...
I bought the SATV +5 LT Kit and am in the process of installing it.
I have the rear installed and took it out for a very short ride and I didn't happen to notice any clearance issues.
I didn't order mine off the web site and they didn't mention it when I was on the phone with them.

I've got a pair of 1.5-inch spacers that I can put on it, however I too wasn't looking to get it any wider.

I'll have to take a look at it today. I was going out to work to put the front LT on. I'll check it out and let you guys know what I find.
what kind of a arm offset have you choose?

guys have any one get a chance to compare if superatv LT kit & Axles are same quality and durability as RZRs LT? and have any one read a thread for SATV +6 LT?

Ghazi

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
as far i know there haven't been any failures of the a-arms, they are quite stout, certainly much stronger than the frame. axles are a tough one, everyone uses things differently. the first batches had similiar issues to the stock "s" model with them pulling out of the carier but haven't heard any recent complaints. i've had mine about 9 months and have no complaints.
mike

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
what kind of a arm offset have you choose?

guys have any one get a chance to compare if superatv LT kit & Axles are same quality and durability as RZRs LT? and have any one read a thread for SATV +6 LT?

Ghazi
I didn't choose any offset. When I was talking to the lady she indicated that the offsets were required for aftermarket rims, she didn't mention anything about the LE rims.

I'm just going to grind my lower rear a-arm a little so it doesn't rub. I just have to take the wheels off and I should have plenty of room.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just looked at the rear rims and there is some marks from the A-Arms on both sides hitting. Another member has informed me, and after looking at it, that the fix is to simply grind a 45 on that lower A-Arm. He said it didn't take him long and he used a dremel.
I'm going to install the front first and then go back and fix the rear a-arms.
Thanks for the input. I won't get into this project until after the holiday weekend and will update accordingly.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
overall it's an easy install but there are spots that take some time. the directions could use a little more detail in some places. the end result is so totally worth it though. will never go back.

remember, the arms are the simple part of the equation. it's the shocks and springs that will make or break the end result. this is where a "platform expert" like Steve at Makin Trax is worth his weight in gold.
mike

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
overall it's an easy install but there are spots that take some time. the directions could use a little more detail in some places. the end result is so totally worth it though. will never go back.

remember, the arms are the simple part of the equation. it's the shocks and springs that will make or break the end result. this is where a "platform expert" like Steve at Makin Trax is worth his weight in gold.
mike
Roger that on the shocks. I picked up a set of take offs from EMP and have a set of Makin Trax progressive springs on back order. We went out riding today and I was looking at my lines thinking "would this be a good line if I were 7" wider?" Can't wait to geterdone.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
ill take a pic of the stock arms next to the satv ones their is a huge diff... theirs are way larger tube look alot stronger made

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Wow if this is the case with the SATV kit...I guess I will go with my 14" Rims...prolly make me 64" wide....but no rubbing problems....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts