Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get a set of these since I will be doing all the oil changes soon. What is everybody's thoughts the sandcraft drain plugs? Anybody have them?

·
The Lone Rzr
2,218 Posts
I tried doing some aftermarket drain plugs after finding the correct size but they weren't right
Sandcraft are pricey but they're stainless and the O rings are correct.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine just came in the mail yesterday. Good solid quality and the magnets are really strong. Haven't had a chance to change my fluids and put them in yet though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine just came in the mail yesterday. Good solid quality and the magnets are really strong. Haven't had a chance to change my fluids and put them in yet though.

What site did you get them from? I see about 10 places have them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ordered direct from Sand Craft, like $7 shipping and came in 3 days(to So Cal).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I purchased direct as well. They might be pricey, but it sure beats the problems that the factory plugs give you! Have not had a problem with my set.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What is the reason to switch? I am getting ready to do my first everything change so curious as to what these are and why to change to these. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
The factory plugs have sloppy threads that have been known to strip out the aluminum housing, plus the magnets are weak in the drain plugs, the factory fill plugs and engine drain plug dont even have a magnet and also they take an allen wrench...8mm I think. The Sand Craft plugs are machined to a much closer tolerance on the threads so there is almost no perceptible thread slop, the fill plugs and drain plugs both have very strong magnets in them and they use a regular socket to remove. I like them because one magnet doesnt seem to be enough for the gear box with the amount of shavings that are on it at time of oil change, and the security of not stripping the threads in the case, and also the factory engine drain plug does not have a magnet and the sand craft does. The oil filter is not going to catch all of the very fine ferrous shavings coming from the rings, timing chain, timing gears and cam lobes and tappets. All wear from these components would be removed from the oil with the drain plug magnet that would otherwise circulate through the oil causing increased wear of all the friction points in the engine. Just my 2 cents.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,218 Posts
What is the reason to switch? I am getting ready to do my first everything change so curious as to what these are and why to change to these. Thanks in advance
You'll switch when you try to get the motor drain plug loose and that allen wrench gives that "twang" when it finally loosens and you wish you were wearing gloves lol.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
You'll switch when you try to get the motor drain plug loose and that allen wrench gives that "twang" when it finally loosens and you wish you were wearing gloves lol.
True story.

So any hint that they might be interested in a group buy?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts