Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't run in a ton of big rocks on 35s but I may in the future. A ton of dune riding in 2WD and 4WD high speed/high rpm ripping type stuff with trails back home that we ride semi hard but not too bad.

It's about $1600 for the "complete driveline kit" which includes the front diff bearings/seal(s). OR I can add the sprague cage and torsion spring retainer and cage plate for another $550ish.

Wondering how necessary the sprague cage/torsion spring are while I'm in there kind of a thing. I'll also be doing the SCR steering stabilizer so I'd rather pull the diff once if these are worth it. The only reason I'm not in 100% is because I read of 1 or 2 people having to pull their diff back out because they had issues with the SCR billet components not engaging properly and had to go back to the OEM stuff..?

Thanks,

Donnie

·
Vendor
919 Posts
Polaris did make a design change to the front diff between the 19 and 20 model years. I don't know that I've ever seen a picture of exactly what was changed but I believe it was something in the design of the case itself that added extra support to the pinion bearing. Leaking pinion seals on the 18-19 models is fairly common and I think it is usually caused by the front pinion bearing failing. @uraceulose if this is preemptive, I think I would just replace the bearings and seals with the Sandcraft Front Diff Kit.

I'll send you the rzrforums member discount code in case you want to order through us.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much Hardline...got your PM and thank you for that as well.

I'll prob just go with the bearings when I do it as I don't think anything in the bombproof kit will add any extra support for that pinion bearing? If I hadn't read of issues with engagement Id likely just do the whole thing but I really don't want to fix something that's not broken so to speak..

·
Vendor
919 Posts
Correct, nothing in the bombproof kit adds support or anything like that to the pinion bearing. Both kits just upgrade all of the diff bearings to much higher quality SKF bearings.

I just sent you a quote for the complete driveline solution kit from Sandcraft with a rzrforms.net member discount that you should find pretty nice. Let me know if you have any questions or need anything else added to the quote.

You've got me thinking about adding this full driveline kit to my Turbo S now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts