Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The rim width for the JEGS star lights (approx. $140 per wheel) was 8" in the front, and 10" in the rear. I really love the 33" Packard's in the rear. Because all of the tire companies measure their tires differently...I went and measured a bunch of them mounted. The 33 Packard's have a 31" carcass, with 1" paddles...making the entire tire 33" from paddle tip to paddle tip. The 32" SS360's also have a 31" carcass with 1/2" paddles making its outside diameter measure 32". But both these tires have 31" Carcasses, just different size paddles. Having said all of this, I was disappointed in the performance of the front SS360's. The Pro R is a heavy car, and the Packard's have a lot of bite...they can, during aggressive driving, push the ss360's in corners more than I would like. You can feel the ss360's slide sideways during hard cornering. After some research looking for a ribbed traction tire with a 31" Carcass...I picked up a set of 32 GMZ XL TT tires for the front, and absolutely love them. Their Carcass also measures 31 inches. They have the traction that I crave, and make the car corner like it is on rails. The tire width of the Packard's is advertised at 15 inches, but they measure 14 inches wide on my rims. The GMZ's are 12 inches wide. This car is heavy...and needs wide tires for flotation in my opinion.
Did you order the rims with ant offset?

·
Registered
11 Posts

The Stu 28 does not have air in it… but still… big difference in size!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mind sharing how those measure on those wheels, how tall are the paddles and is the 33" dia measured at the tire carcass or the paddles?
I have been looking at getting same wheels and was going to go packard but the new tensor paddles came out and im back undecided.

·
Registered
478 Posts
mind sharing how those measure on those wheels, how tall are the paddles and is the 33" dia measured at the tire carcass or the paddles?
I have been looking at getting same wheels and was going to go packard but the new tensor paddles came out and im back undecided.
The 33” number is from tip of paddle to tip of paddle… the carcass measures 31”. They work extremely well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
View attachment 705749
Ready for dune season! 34” Rogues on Method 414 bead grips.
I'm going to tell you right now, The Pro R does not like a buffed tire. With the weight (especially the 4 seat) and the high center of gravity the Skats, Rouges and SandCraft are all over the place. We've tested numerous different sand tire set ups at glamis with a Pro R and a Pro R4, they need a molded tire with a stiffer sidewall. They drive like your on jello with these buffed tires. We ran Skat Talon 32x13.5-15 14 Paddle with full buff front, SS360 33's. STU 33 Blasters and the new Tensor 33. By far our favorite was the Tensor. 30+ dune experience here. Have fun!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm going to tell you right now, The Pro R does not like a buffed tire. With the weight (especially the 4 seat) and the high center of gravity the Skats, Rouges and SandCraft are all over the place. We've tested numerous different sand tire set ups at glamis with a Pro R and a Pro R4, they need a molded tire with a stiffer sidewall. They drive like your on jello with these buffed tires. We ran Skat Talon 32x13.5-15 14 Paddle with full buff front, SS360 33's. STU 33 Blasters and the new Tensor 33. By far our favorite was the Tensor. 30+ dune experience here. Have fun!
marlboroman,
What is it that you do in Yuma that you test all these tires on machines you don’t own (based on your signature)? Nice way to shit in someone’s post by the way.

·
CB-BLR
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
I also have discovered that running a thin side-walled front tire doesn't work very well on the heavy Pro R...they push badly, and have a vague mushy feel in the corners. I have tried the SS360's, a set of Skat-Trak buffed, and now the 32 GMZ XL TT,s which have worked the best of the bunch. I am going to be trying a set of the 31" Tributes next time at the dunes. Still liking the Packard 33's in the rear (Packard measures this from tip of paddle to tip of paddle), but going to try a set of STU #2 Blackbirds that a buddy has.

Hope this helps,
Chris

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
marlboroman,
What is it that you do in Yuma that you test all these tires on machines you don’t own (based on your signature)? Nice way to shit in someone’s post by the way.
"shit on someone's post?" He gave great insight to tire choice, did he use too many big words that scared you?

·
Registered
100 Posts
"shit on someone's post?" He gave great insight to tire choice, did he use too many big words that scared you?
Not at all. He’s no expert. Everyone has tire preference. I have run plenty. To bash a tire selection after someone posts what they’re running is a dick move. If we’re keyboard insulting people here then go eat a dick with him.
😁

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Not at all. He’s no expert. Everyone has tire preference. I have run plenty. To bash a tire selection after someone posts what they’re running is a dick move. If we’re keyboard insulting people here then go eat a dick with him.
😁
Its ok to admit you are wrong you dont need to jump to insults. I can see reading comprehension does not compute with you, so we will just leave it up to you are ignorant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
😁
If you found that post insulting, you're soft.

Sand tires are often a very personal thing, his post was a little matter of fact but still his opinion none the less. More float, more bite, more or less slide etc
I never have liked buffed tires on anything, their advantage is only slightly more customization.
I have found them too prone to punctures or too heavy if you use a steel radial, and steel radials are often shitty to mount since they often end up with belts sticking out and if you havent been poked by tire cord that crap burns
Im still shopping for what I like and may wait till I catch a ride in a few machines before I buy something.
The 33" molded tires im seeing have tiny paddles and arent a true 33, but they may work on these well who knows
Really need a impartial tire comparison on these big machines
33 Tensor, 33 EFX, 33 packard, STU 33 (1 and 2 cuts), 32 gmz, 32 pro armor, maybe some of the off the shelf buffed designs.
It seems most of the 33 option are a 31" carcass plus ~1" paddles
Where STU is bias tire and its 33 carcass is really tall depending on wheel width and pressure, on my rail 33-15 #1 cut on a 12" wheel are nearly 36" including paddles at 14-16psi

·
Registered
261 Posts
marlboroman,
I haven't updated my signature since 2016. Not trying to crap on any post or anyone. I got my Pro R Ultimate back on February 9. Had it out in the dunes on Feb 11 with a few different sets of paddles. I tried some 14 paddle Talons, 33" SS360's and some STU Blaster 33's that I had pulled off of my Funco when I changed it to over to STU 16.50's. Recently I went out to the the Tensors, 14 Paddle Diggers, 16 Paddle Talons, comp cut Blackbirds, STU 1300's, comp cut ss360 33" hp's and a set of 12 paddle demons. I sell a chit ton of paddles each year. I have to know what to recommend to my customers. After 43 years of being a dune rat, I'm decent at knowing what a car needs out there. I've had a RZR Since 2007 in the dunes. Currently I have a 2022 Pro R, 2020 Turbo S, 2021 4 seat turbo s, 2008 Funco Gen 4 with an S4. After literally 30+ rails and SXS out in the dunes I think my opinion carries some weight. I'll update my signature for you. :cool:🤘🏁

·
Registered
261 Posts
😁
My insults are much better than that. I apologize if it came across as being a dick. This was 2/9/2022, I've had a ton of seat time in the dunes with the Pro R. Along with a ton of different vehicles
Wheel Tire Sky Hood Automotive tire

21 - 40 of 46 Posts