Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just got back from the show- no pro r model!
I was told something will be released shortly towards the end of the year. No other info. They had a general Troy Lee designs there….

The dealers barely had any units. Things were priced on the best side 1k under MSRP for 21 models left and Temecula Motorsports had 22k Honda talons with 4K markups selling at 29,500, lol….

good show otherwise. Tons of ppl no covid bs and only a few idiots with masks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just got back from the show- no pro r model!
I was told something will be released shortly towards the end of the year. No other info. They had a general Troy Lee designs there….

The dealers barely had any units. Things were priced on the best side 1k under MSRP for 21 models left and Temecula Motorsports had 22k Honda talons with 4K markups selling at 29,500, lol….

good show otherwise. Tons of ppl no covid bs and only a few idiots with masks
Losing my patience with Polaris

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speed did their "big unveil" of the preproduction units had 3-5 cars there - so many people around them you could not see the car! They had all the bling there, big transporters, hospitality transport, selling tons of T-shirt, hats and other Merch.. Saw people all over with their speed wrist bands (entry to the hospitality area), hats, t-shirts etc. talked to a few folks who had deposits in the 1,500 - 1,900 range - they are hoping to get cars by mid next year. No firm word yet on what is next or when they will see cars. They are keeping the hype going for sure - hope they deliver to their customers soon!

Overall show was great, tons of people, nice cars, product and excitement - a good buzz in the crowd. Can't wait for Dunes season to start!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is speed pricing the cars at?
see their website for current pricing. $35-$37k but for a car that you spit in line is a few years away!

they were offering 1 2 seat test car for $47,000 - take it home today. It was a well used car, price you pay to be the only one out there!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Losing my patience with Polaris
Unlike Speed UTV, Polaris does not want to announce the new ride and then have customers sit and wait for it to get to the dealers. Polaris is having supply issues and that is the only reason the car/cars have not been released.

·
Formerly 'bodywerks
210 Posts
Pricing will be going up once they get through the deposit holder. If they get the car to production it will be well north of $40K.
Where are you getting your info? Their most expensive car, post- price increase is 41999, and not everyone wants a 4 seater. I got in on an El Diablo le with $1 speed key for $31.5k
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Where are you getting your info? Their most expensive car, post- price increase is 41999, and not everyone wants a 4 seater. I got in on an El Diablo le with $1 speed key for $31.5k View attachment 681039
Did you read the part where I said once they get through the deposit holders?

They already announce a price increase for non-deposit holders that went into effect last month.

Cost of supplies has gone up 30-50%, which is killing what profit they had on the deposit holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
The Speed car is more Baja oriented than dune. Most all of the design elements are that of a Trophy Truck. Huge center mount front A arms, enormous trailing arms., it is designed to run over shit at high speed. They're going to be big bucks because everything is hand fabricated. The chassis is a thing of beauty, but the manpower to build it will be it's down fall unless Robby invests big time in robotic welding. It looks like a brick shit house underneath, but time is money. You can't build in mass with this quality of welds, tube cutting, etc. Can Am and Polaris aren't pumping out thousands of rides a year because of their artisan welding staff. No RZR or X3 is being built with stacked dimes. You certainly get what you pay for, but there's also an element of over engineering. It weights a couple thousand pounds....it doesn't need the same durability/construction as a 3 ton TT. To those waiting, I genuinely hope you you find it worth the wait. Meanwhile, I'll be ripping my big turbo build this season in my trusty 2016 RZR!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
The Speed car is more Baja oriented than dune. Most all of the design elements are that of a Trophy Truck. Huge center mount front A arms, enormous trailing arms., it is designed to run over shit at high speed. They're going to be big bucks because everything is hand fabricated. The chassis is a thing of beauty, but the manpower to build it will be it's down fall unless Robby invests big time in robotic welding. It looks like a brick shit house underneath, but time is money. You can't build in mass with this quality of welds, tube cutting, etc. Can Am and Polaris aren't pumping out thousands of rides a year because of their artisan welding staff. No RZR or X3 is being built with stacked dimes. You certainly get what you pay for, but there's also an element of over engineering. It weights a couple thousand pounds....it doesn't need the same durability/construction as a 3 ton TT. To those waiting, I genuinely hope you you find it worth the wait. Meanwhile, I'll be ripping my big turbo build this season in my trusty 2016 RZR!
You must of been looking at the custom built race chassis that was tig welded. For 125K he will build you one.

The production cars will be robotic welds. Did you not see the crappy welds on the pre-production cars that were in the booth? Those are the early learning stages of the robotic welds.

The Speed UTV does look very stout in person. It will be a while before they start rolling off the assembly line as they have some QC issues to hash out along with all the other stuff then need to get done before production starts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts