Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about planning a ride from Sand Hollow Sand Dunes to Coral Pink Sand Dunes next Spring. Using Google Earth I can see several routes but would like to hear from others who have actually tried it. Looks like mostly BLM land through northern Arizona and southern Utah. Its about 70 miles one way depending on the route. Plan would be to stay at Coral Pink and play for a few days and then ride back to Sand Hollow maybe taking a different route.

Any interest?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Kevlar,

Let me know if you make it out this way. I live just 5 miles north of Sand Hollow State Park next to Sand Mountain. I have made several videos of the dunes and trails. Maybe we could link up and I could show you some of the trails/sights.
RLeedy

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kevlar,

Let me know if you make it out this way. I live just 5 miles north of Sand Hollow State Park next to Sand Mountain. I have made several videos of the dunes and trails. Maybe we could link up and I could show you some of the trails/sights.
RLeedy
Sounds good. So have you ridden these trails?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like a lot of long dusty dirt an some paved roads to get there. I'm changing my thinking on this because of that and the fact there are tons of trail possibilities just around SH. Might just base camp there and do day rides. :ride:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We will be there over Easter, when are you planning on going?
No plans yet, but Easter week is last week of March this year and is a definite possibility. Hows the weather there in late March?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've been riding around Sand Hollow for a couple years now and moved to St George this summer. Let me know when you finalize your plans, plenty of rides in and around SH. There is a cool trail system from Bryce Canyon NP to Coral Pink.
Coral Pink in March can be chilly, but SH is more moderate.
Thanks for helping promote the rally on your site!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We spent a few days at Sand Hollow on our way to the Rally and to be honest it was hard to leave. I knew right then we'd be back. I'm looking forward to going back and having some of you locals show us your favorite trails.

ROTR, are you Lance or Jared? If I were to move out of Cali, So. Utah would probably be tops on my list. How do you like it?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
We will be there over Easter, when are you planning on going?
No plans yet, but Easter week is last week of March this year and is a definite possibility. Hows the weather there in late March?
We were there March 2nd-9th last year and it was perfect at SH, as said, it was chilly at Coral Pink. Really could go either way depending on what the weather does. I'm hoping it's a bit warmer being the end of march.

·
Registered
478 Posts
We spent a few days at Sand Hollow on our way to the Rally and to be honest it was hard to leave. I knew right then we'd be back. I'm looking forward to going back and having some of you locals show us your favorite trails.

ROTR, are you Lance or Jared? If I were to move out of Cali, So. Utah would probably be tops on my list. How do you like it?
This is Lanse. So. Utah is awesome. Its a little warm in July and August. The trails are one of the reasons we moved here. There are more trails in a 2 hour radius than I know what to do with. I'll be on vacation with the family March 11-15th. Anytime before or after I'll be glad to show you around.

rleedy we need to meet up and ride some time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OMG!!! I was just talking to the wife about going to Coral Pink October 5,6,and 7! We live in Yuma. I saw Pink on the show Destination Polaris and want to go ride those trails! The weather is dropping and Im getting the fever!!!!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

This is Lanse. So. Utah is awesome. Its a little warm in July and August. The trails are one of the reasons we moved here. There are more trails in a 2 hour radius than I know what to do with. I'll be on vacation with the family March 11-15th. Anytime before or after I'll be glad to show you around.

rleedy we need to meet up and ride some time.
How are the crowds and temps last week of March (Easter week next year)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts