Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I’ve been slowly working towards setting up my Turbo S 4 to run 35s. I have a couple of questions before I order my next round of parts.

Will the Sandcraft steering stabilizer work with stock turbo S A arms? I have no reason to want to change a arms at this point. My machine is fresh enough that I’m satisfied with bushings, color of arms, strength, etc. I don’t make a habit of pushing the limit of parts.

I’m undecided on what tie rods to go with. I like Super ATV’s parts. Anybody have a reason why I shouldn’t use their tie rods?

Due to the absence of 35” Roxxzillas availability, I’m thinking of trying out some 35” System 3 XTR370s. Any thoughts on those tires?
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I found a few of my answers here in another thread. It sounds like the Sandcraft stabilizer will work with stock a arms, and I shouldn’t have any tire clearance issues with the stock arm offset. Also, after looking closer at the Sandcraft stabilizer, I realize now that it comes with tie rods. So that’s covered.

Opinions on the XTR370s welcomed.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
No experience with those tires and I know you don't have plans to change a-arms but just a heads up... the SCR steering stabilizer will not work with SuperATV arms. I found this out the hard way.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll keep that in mind if/when I decide to change a arms. 👍🏼

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Just went through this. The stabilizer works with ONLY stock a arms. I had to heavily modify my super atv boxed forward a arms so they would work. I would still cycle the suspension with the shock off and the steering at full lock to 1000% confirm. My issue and fix with the satv a arms was extensive. Had to cut the sway bar mounts off, notch the tubing then add a gusset for the notch. I don't run a front sway bar so no big deal breaker. Just took a night of time and some frustration from grinding on powder coat I just had done. But that's my own fault for not test fitting first.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just went through this. The stabilizer works with ONLY stock a arms.

It works with L&W forward offset high clearance arms as well. Just as much clearance as stock in all areas. I'm not sure what other arms will or will not work. I was concerned when I bought them I was going to have to modify to make it all play nice. I did not have to modify because of clearance issues with the rack.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the answers guys. I’ll be sticking with stock arms for now. Glad to know that I shouldn’t have any clearance issues. I don’t run a front sway bar, either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No experience with those tires and I know you don't have plans to change a-arms but just a heads up... the SCR steering stabilizer will not work with SuperATV arms. I found this out the hard way.
I second this comment.. I had Super ATV control arms and a SCR steering stabilizer and the stabilizer hit the control arms where the sway bar links attached and I broke the ears on the stabilizer.. Sandcraft had the best customer service though and sent me new parts.. I had to modify the control arms to make it work..

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

1 - 9 of 9 Posts