Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Samsung Tab A with 16GB to use as a GPS. First off it doesn't load a complete map as the screen will have blanks. Tried this on BCN and GAIA. Does the memory need to be expanded? Second, this unit does not seem to have the magnet sensor so the compass apps will not work. Does this effect how the GPS works?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
211 Posts
16 GB should be fine for maps, but maybe other programs are using all of the space. I don’t use either of them; I use Orux. In orux, you can set it to save the offline maps on the memory card.

My old Samsung didn’t have the compass either, but GPS will show your direction of travel once you start moving. I upgraded my tablet to have a compass and a better screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have same setup as you. I bought a sdcard but more for music storage.

I use BCN and it's great. There is a setting in there to not attempt to use compass for heading and to use gps track direction instead. Flag that and you are good to go.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
BCN Setting is under : Compass and Rotation > Compass Algorithm > Rotation Vector I think. Mess with them until it points you the direction you are moving.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think I had the exact same tablet as you. My new tablet is a Samsung Tab S2 9.7”. The screen is amazing. I have it in an otterbox case, and the screen has a resolution of 2048x1536, and is really bright. I even had to upgrade the USB charger in my RZR to keep it charged. I couldn’t get the lighter and charger to charge this new tablet. I use this charger:

https://www.amazon.com/YonHan-Charger-Waterproof-Aluminum-Voltmeter/dp/B07L9Q5GD3/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546574629&sr=8-3&keywords=USB+quick+charger+waterproof

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the help. Will be on the trails tomorrow and will see how it does.

bpinner

·
Registered
60 Posts
BCN Setting is under Compass Algorithm > Rotation Vector I think. Mess with them until it points you the direction you are moving.

That's not quite correct, You want to go Settings> Compass and Rotation Options > Map/Pointer Rotation Direction > Choose Moving Direction.
Compass algorithms don't affect anything as there is no compass in the device. Took me a good long while to get that figured out and working correctly

Also in settings >Display Options > Enable Show My Location Button. This will give the ability to use four different map orientations, one where the map follows North all the time or alternatively your heading direction, which I prefer. etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts