Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gifted a 10” Samsung A7 as a Christmas gift. My olan is to use it solely for the RZR for mapping purposes. I own a 2020 S1000.
I am looking for the best way to mount the A7. Read quite a bit about what others do but our SXS has its only instrument panel where most people mount their Galaxy.

I have a center mount rear view mirror I really like to keep and not move. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Mark

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
What I did when I used the Galaxy Tablet:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I did when I used the Galaxy Tablet:

Thanks. We have different machines or at least different dashes. Mine wouldn’t work where yours is first being I have a 10” A7.
Thanks though. Love your mount and system.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is the A8 so a little smaller than yours. I dont think the larger size would obstruct viewing

View attachment 688500

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
Thanks for the picture. Where you have yours mounted is where my rear view mirror is located. I use that mirror all the time and don’t want to replace it. Side mirrors I have had before always broke or got loose so I don’t want to go back to those. M

looks very nice though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you zoom into my pic you will see mirror below the tablet.

Maybe I could move it to the left. My mirror is mounted pretty high on that bar. Can I ask what mount you used? Thanks.
Here is my dash.

Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Gear shift

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ram mount with “c” ball. I can post part numbers tomorrow. Only disappointment is the cups on the tablet holder is to big for my tablet. I am going to cut them down or replace.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I bought a rubberized cover for my A7 and it fits into my mount great. The case keeps the dust odd the tablet. I also found I get at least a full day ride on highest brightness and still have battery left… so you don’t really need to wire for power. I use Topo USA and it only cost $14. It works great. You can download maps for offline use and it supports GoX files for waypoints and tracks. It records a track so you can see where you been.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Completed this mount before Christmas. Worked perfect for a 5 day run at Glamis. Samsung A7 Lite, 8.7"

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

Vehicle Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
136 Posts
Cann you share more of the products you used to do this? I do like the idea of mounting high verses mounting low. Thank you
The below items are all the items I used. I followed the advise of another on the forum. Like I said, worked out perfect, and fits nice a snug. I have routed a makeshift power cable from the table to a 12V outlet on the dash, but I will eventually mount a double usb outlet on the roll bar above the rearview mirror and run the power wire through the roll bar and land it behind the dash. That way I have usb power up top for the tablet and whatever else someone might need. Also, the usb power will be handy, rather than just running the tablet cord down, because we never know what table we might have in the future or what type of charger type it will be.

- RAM Mounts Composite Round plate with Ball RAP-B-202U with B Size 1" Ball
- RAM Mounts Double Socket Arm RAM-B-210U-A Short Arm Compatible with RAM B Size 1" Ball components
- RAM Mounts Tab-Tite Universal Spring Loaded Holder for 8" Tablets with Case RAM-HOL-TAB12U Compatible with RAM B 1" and C 1.5" Size Round Ball Bases
- RAM Mounts RAM-B-108BU Strap Hose Clamp Ball Base with B Size 1" Ball for Rails 1" to 2.1" in Diameter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The below items are all the items I used. I followed the advise of another on the forum. Like I said, worked out perfect, and fits nice a snug. I have routed a makeshift power cable from the table to a 12V outlet on the dash, but I will eventually mount a double usb outlet on the roll bar above the rearview mirror and run the power wire through the roll bar and land it behind the dash. That way I have usb power up top for the tablet and whatever else someone might need. Also, the usb power will be handy, rather than just running the tablet cord down, because we never know what table we might have in the future or what type of charger type it will be.

• RAM Mounts Composite Round plate with Ball RAP-B-202U with B Size 1" Ball
  • RAM Mounts Double Socket Arm RAM-B-210U-A Short Arm Compatible with RAM B Size 1" Ball components
  • RAM Mounts Tab-Tite Universal Spring Loaded Holder for 8" Tablets with Case RAM-HOL-TAB12U Compatible with RAM B 1" and C 1.5" Size Round Ball Bases
  • RAM Mounts RAM-B-108BU Strap Hose Clamp Ball Base with B Size 1" Ball for Rails 1" to 2.1" in Diameter.
Thanks for the information. How does the A7 lite work for GPS. My 10" might be too big if that is possible.

·
Registered
136 Posts
A7 works great. Like I mentioned, I spent a couple hours setting up my Glamis map with all the waypoints. Did a couple of long runs where I recorded our tracks. 65 miles one day and about 50 on another. GPS was spot on finding all the popular spots. Really took some of the stress away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts