Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I will be in Saint George, Ut. Thursday the 17th then Las Vegas area for a week.
We have never riden these areas and are looking for fellow riders who would like to show us some nice trails. We ride a RZR XP TURBO 4. RECOMMENDED trails and directions to trail would be greatly appreciated. P.S. We think we are easy to get along with. 60 years plus people.
Thanks Wayne

·
Have RZR...will travel
240 Posts
Sand Hollow area has diverse terrain, sand, rocks, trails, that range from mild to wild.

Vegas has many places to ride, mostly desert, as well.

Mesquite NV. has easy access to hundreds of miles of trails and many sites of historic and scenic significance.

·
GPS GURU
151 Posts
Wayne, I’ve lived in the vegas area all my life and if your coming here now is the time of year to hit “ Logandale Trails” there is nothing like it within a hundred miles of Vegas and the sunsets there are AMAZING! there are lots of petroglyphs, old Mormon coffer damns and bighorn sheep if you’re lucky enough to spot them.

Another area just the Vegas side of Mesquite is the Gold Butte area tons of interesting stuff to see and is open to UTV traffic!

Do some home work on those areas and you’ll be glad you stopped

I’ve attached a pic of Logandale area

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dang it Wayne, we're here in St.george this week. Leaving Friday morning. Sand Hollow area is a great starter. My favorite ride we're going on tomorrow. The Barricks, neet area located north of Colorado City.
Feel free to PM me,I'll call and give you as much information as i can.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Wayne, I’ve lived in the vegas area all my life and if your coming here now is the time of year to hit “ Logandale Trails” there is nothing like it within a hundred miles of Vegas and the sunsets there are AMAZING! there are lots of petroglyphs, old Mormon coffer damns and bighorn sheep if you’re lucky enough to spot them.

Another area just the Vegas side of Mesquite is the Gold Butte area tons of interesting stuff to see and is open to UTV traffic!

Do some home work on those areas and you’ll be glad you stopped

I’ve attached a pic of Logandale area
Is this pic. "The Valley Of Fire"

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the suggestion. I looked up Barricks trail system and think I'll try that Thursday. On to Nev. after that and will explore Mesquite and Logandale. I'm still open for anyone willing to show us around. Thanks

·
GPS GURU
151 Posts
Logandale trails is further south than Valley of Fire, but it was I’m sure at some point connected over the eons. Easily accessed through the town of Logandale, Nv.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Several of us did the Barracks run yesterday and then found a loop so we could ride back to the parking area a different way. The loop had great vistas of the lower areas.

3 more days of riding so Sand Holl will be 1 day and then maybe back over to Coral Sand Dunes and more of the Barracks area.

·
Have RZR...will travel
240 Posts
Logandale trails is further south than Valley of Fire, but it was I’m sure at some point connected over the eons. Easily accessed through the town of Logandale, Nv.
Actually Valley of Fire surrounds the Logandale Trails on the north, west and south, with the majority of it on the south where the visitors center and scenic drives are. Very diverse terrain through out the area with desert, sand and rock formations. It's what makes the high desert so interesting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts