Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went through everything on my new 900XP4, shock compression adjustments all over the place, bolts missing, accessories installed half assed, and a few other deals that are BS. When someone doles out $20K for something brand new, wouldnt ya think that they would take time to do a good job for you? I have purchased two RZRs from this dealer and those are the last two.
Am I out of line?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not, and cant decide right now whether I should, pissed right now so not a good time. I am 250 miles from them and even if they say "come get a new one!" (which will not happen) I have to haul everything back there.
Honestly, not a huge deal, I can turn a wrench, but it's just irritating that trivial things like that are missed on a dealer set-up

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Why your at it, I would suggest that you go over the entire vehicle from one end to the other. Check ALL fluid levels, grease all your fittings ect ect> If you don,t already have it, buy the service manual ( Guarantied it will come in handy )

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah, I know. I have been all over it for 4 hours today with sockets, wrenches, allen, etc... I have always been a little overbearing with that stuff, but the sad thing is, is that we have to be. what about the poor guys that dont know to do all of that and then have something break or possibly even hurt someone. what about pride in what you do? I would be the brokest polaris dealer in the nation I guess.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I would make them aware of it in writing and CC Polaris. A detailed list and your actual verbage here after that about spending $20,000.00 on somethung that doesen't. Actully put that on your doc so they see it. Maybe CC anyone else.

I have heard of of few of these crappy dealer prep issue's on this site. I have never bought new. Isn't there a way you can make the dealer go through the hole RZR while your there picking it up ??? Maybe don't sign for it until they do ?

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
I just went through all my shock settings and to my surprise they were all set perfectly the same. Preload was exact on each shock although there were other things not setup right the shocks were good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would make them aware of it in writing and CC Polaris. A detailed list and your actual verbage here after that about spending $20,000.00 on somethung that doesen't. Actully put that on your doc so they see it. Maybe CC anyone else.

I have heard of of few of these crappy dealer prep issue's on this site. I have never bought new. Isn't there a way you can make the dealer go through the hole RZR while your there picking it up ??? Maybe don't sign for it until they do ?
I would agree with MacsDad statement. Put it in writing. If nothing happens you are still in the same place of dissatisfaction. Someone needs to know how you feel. Don't let your emotions get in the way of the facts. State the facts and ask the dealer what he is going to do to help you out. This is just my feelings.

How much to you think the person gets paid that put your machine together ? Minium wage ? Are they factory trained ? These are thinks to think about. I hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have not, and cant decide right now whether I should, pissed right now so not a good time. I am 250 miles from them and even if they say "come get a new one!" (which will not happen) I have to haul everything back there.
Honestly, not a huge deal, I can turn a wrench, but it's just irritating that trivial things like that are missed on a dealer set-up
My first question is...
Why did you buy from a Dealer 250 miles away?

Doug

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My first question is...
Why did you buy from a Dealer 250 miles away?

Doug
The closest dealer from me is 180 miles away, so I went with one that one of my friends had purchased his quads from. There really is no way to know for sure how things will go for you. I bought a rzr s from them three years ago and didnt have troubles and so I was hoping to build a relationship there by staying loyal.

Thanks everyone for chiming in, I was leery of my anal-ish behavior getting the best of me here.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
That is cool you were trying to build a relationship.
I think it was smart of you to hold off talking to them till you calmed down.
Did you speak to them yet?

Doug

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I havent talked to them yet, I think the letter idea is the best. I called them the day after I brought it home because I tore a CV boot on the maiden voyage. I asked them to get one coming to me, and the parts guy told me they had to order it in and when they got it he would call me for my payment info. I half jokingly asked if it was under warranty and he was instantly defensive and attitude changed and he said "that is a moving part and it is not covered". Moving part? WTF? Would the crank be a moving part, and therefore not covered if it failed? Probably a bad choice of words on their part, but it just didnt give me a good feeling about them and their service. It has been two weeks and I havent heard back from them on the payment they need by the way.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Yeah put you comments in writing.. Call the dealer and tell him you are going to put it in writing and send it to him. If nothing else, I would hope the dealer would use it as an opportunity to improve their service AND image. Perhaps you would suggest to the dealer that his prep people need a checklist covering all those things that you found was not done or half done.. If the dealers head and heart is in the right place he should come up with a little something to make it right with you... Choose your words carefully... Might not do anything but at least you will have it off your chest....

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
You are 250 miles away.
They probably are thinking "we'll never see him again"
They figure you aren't going to drive 250 miles to get in their face about anything.
Once you walked out,that was the end for your relationship on their part it seems.
My dealer is 15 miles away.
He would stop me asking if something was covered under warranty before I could tell him what was wrong and say it wasn't covered.

Doug
Doug

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Most importantly.... get through all that anal wrenching work.. At least you are very familiar with your machine... BUT.. NOW.. GO RIDE!:tools1::yahoo:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Most importantly.... get through all that anal wrenching work.. At least you are very familiar with your machine... BUT.. NOW.. GO RIDE!:tools1::yahoo:
oh yeah, you said it right there. 4 hrs of crawling around the car yesterday has actually been a little theraputic. so today after the daughter gets done with soccer we are all loading up and gonna go fast somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
oh yeah, you said it right there. 4 hrs of crawling around the car yesterday has actually been a little theraputic. so today after the daughter gets done with soccer we are all loading up and gonna go fast somewhere.
All that angst you have been feeling will fly right out the back of your XP... literally:headbang:

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
You are 250 miles away.
They probably are thinking "we'll never see him again"
They figure you aren't going to drive 250 miles to get in their face about anything.
Once you walked out,that was the end for your relationship on their part it seems.
My dealer is 15 miles away.
He would stop me asking if something was covered under warranty before I could tell him what was wrong and say it wasn't covered.

Doug
Doug
You could be right Doug... We know there are dealers like that out there... But what has he got to lose at this point right? Who knows, he might get a much more pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just sent them a link to this thread, I figure they atleast need to know that I am dis-satisfied. They can do what they want with the information. And now.... I move on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts