Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In other words '10 vs '11 rzr s shocks, which is better ? Are Sachs decent (don't think they're adjustable}

Scoddee

·
I just wanna ride
3,640 Posts
In other words '10 vs '11 rzr s shocks, which is better ? Are Sachs decent (don't think they're adjustable}

Scoddee
sorry I don't know WTF you are talking about.
but
Welcome to the forum

·
I just wanna ride
3,640 Posts
Post something (Bump) in this thread when more people are on the forum. That way many will see it and you will get the info you want.

·
Registered
811 Posts

Scoddee
sorry I don't know WTF you are talking about.
but
Welcome to the forum
If I am not mistaken the sachs shocks are what comes on the new 2011 S.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The podiums are better, but many people were upgrading them anyhow, so they changed to the sachs and lowered the price, FWIH.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
sachs is the brand that has been on the regular rzr since it began, they just made a bigger bodied shock for the new s. they are junk. fine for the old timer puttin around the farm, no good for high speed runnin'.

·
rzrs24
775 Posts
i personally dont think the fox podiums are that great. im getting a 2011 s with the sachs, so i guess i find out if they are crap.

·
I just wanna ride
3,640 Posts
Which ones do you pay more for? That would be a good clue

·
I just wanna ride
3,640 Posts
i personally dont think the fox podiums are that great. im getting a 2011 s with the sachs, so i guess i find out if they are crap.
If you compare the Fox to a 1K each racing shock I would agree with you. If you compare Fox to the old LE shock I think you need to put down your crack pipe. I have no info on the Sachs shocks. Good Luck and let us know you like them.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Sachs are basic shock with only a click preload, fox are racing shocks with piggyback reservoirs and infinite adjustable preload and 18 click compression adjuster.

fox retail for 1600.00 a set , sachs are a Polaris factory part and even at over priced dealer msrp less than half that.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you get the Sachs I would look into upgrading to a fox 2.0 or something similar. Well it all depends on what type of riding you will be doing.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
The standard 2011 "S" comes with the Sachs shocks. The 2011 "LE" comes with the Fox shocks. and is roughly $1,000 more. The S is still the wide version versus the base RZR. There's nothing wrong with the Fox shocks that a little work won't fix, unless you are doing balls to the wall racing where shock heat might be an issue. The Fox Podiums can be revalved to make them do whatever you want them to, and of course the junk Polaris springs need to be replaced.

·
rzrs24
775 Posts
i am not a duner or racer just trail ride. i like the extra width and better ride of the S. Yes if the sach shocks suck, i will replace them. i think they will do fine where i ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts