Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to take a few minutes and introduce myself and S&S.
S&S Cycle has been making performance parts and accessories for American made V-twins for over 50 years. We are now entering the off-road market as S&S Off-Road making high performance parts for the RZR and RZR S. Take a look at our website to view the parts we make for the RZR such as intake, exhaust, cam kits, replacement ECU's, re-flashed ECU's, & pistons. Feel free to post any questions here or call us at 1-866-244-2673
S&S Cycle Off Road Performance Products

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Do you sell just the upper air scoop without the rest (the part that mates to airbox) like the top half but would want to mate up to my UMP.

·
Keep the Shiny Side UP!!!
165 Posts
...so when's an S&S 100" engine conversion coming... just kiddin' :popcorn:

·
Registered
533 Posts
or a victory 1835. Then it would still be Polaris.
Thanks for supporting the Forum.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The air intake kit for the RZR and RZR S replaces all the stock Polaris components from the throttle body back. We a run a rotationally molded tunned runner off the throttle body up into a new S&S Dog house (the box under the bed) the tunned runner is sealed to the Dog house with 2 hose clamps and a formed rubber boot. The air filter is then clamped onto the tunned runner (inside the dog house) From here a template is supplied to cut a hole in the front of your bed. This allows the Scoop to bolt directly to the S&S doghouse. The dog house and the scoop are sealed with a water/dirt tight seal. Also there is a seal provided to seal between the clutch inlet duct and the dog house. The Scoop then holds a foam prefilter that is oiled and removes the majority of the dust and dirt. This is held in by a billet aluminum back plate. The last part of the package is a new breather hose from the head cover to the intake. Take a close look at your stock hose. It comes with a ~1" slit cut in it form the factory. We have seen this ingest dirt into the head breather. I'll check and see if we sell just the scoop and the box, but i don't believe we do.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats the cleanest install i have seen to date is it waterproof.
The intake is waterproof. The kit includes seals between the scoop and airbox as well as a seal between the airbox and the clutch inlet duct, and a rubber boot to seal the tunned runner to the airbox. You can forge water up to your box with out worry of the intake taking on water. The clutch exhaust duct will take on water before the intake will.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts