Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08' rzr with an UMP on it and RacerTech 2" lift on it. My stock Y collector glows and I get an occasional backfire as it sits. I came across an almost new S exhaust system for $100 but I am wondering if this will help with performance, heat issues and if I will need to add fuel management. Whats a good user friendly fuel management system if y'all think this is a good idea? Will I need a AFR guage as well? I'm basically a trail rider with a bit of mud when I can't avoid it. Will I have fit issues with the lift I have on it? A poor man has poor ways...

Thanks

EasTTeX

·
Registered
182 Posts
I did the swap on my 09 RZR (header only...as this is the only difference). You wont need anything done to your machine....and the performance gained will be minimal. It will provide much better heat dissipation. I can say minimal on performance based on runs against my best bud's RZR '10. I beat him the same distance before and after the swap...and I had no other performance mods.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did the same swap on my 08'. No big change in HP, but I do think it runs a bit better. The S exhaust is a bit louder than the stock 08' one.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. Any thoughts on the lift compatibility? I wouldn't think there would be any mounting concerns. Would a fuel programmer addition help on the heat issues? If so which one would be a good choice for a non-race rider?

Thanks,

EasTTeX

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The deal fell through on the pipe...If you hear of anybody with the clean complete stock S setup let me know please... I be looking.

Thanks,

EasTTeX

·
Registered
182 Posts
Again, the only difference is the header and the secondary pipe (from header to muffler). The kit (pure polaris) is available on e-bay. I think I got mine for around $150.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts